Thread: After 11 years of owning a 328is Just Picked up a Cosmos e36 M3. [Progression]

My Cars
    97 M3, 2-97 328is

After 11 years of owning a 328is Just Picked up a Cosmos e36 M3. [Progression]

97 M3 with 90k

Long story short, I couldn't afford the 20k + insurance costs of a M3 being 18 at the time so 328is it was., I've owned my 97 328is for 11 years and racked up 336k on it.

About 2 months ago I got a message from a buddy who i met through the forum and our cars asking how much his M3 would sell for. I found some locally comparative to his and sent them over...

two weeks later, at about 10 at night he messages me and asks
    "what would it take to get you interested in the M3?"

"Man I wish and would love to but I can't give you what that is worth."

"How about $XXXX?"

"Wait, What? Why? SERIOUSLY? At that price man I can't not at least take a look at it."

"I want it to go to a enthusiast who'll finish it. It hasn't been moved in a year, Let me warn you its in rough shape.e"

"Would you have any doubt to daily it before you parked it?"

"Nope, no doubt in my mind, with new tires though."

The next weekend I drove over and checked it out. I didn't even start the car, and shook his hand.
    It was rough, the car was under car cover for a year in his driveway.

Figured out the cash and picked it up the next weekend and scheduled it for a detail.
    Got her home, he was in the middle of working on it wiring powered seats, lotta stuff was torn apart and in pieces missing bolts and what not. Got a box of parts and random other things.

Went to the local dealer, got some seat bolts and couple MISC little things.

I can't tell you how excited I am to have this car after 11 years of my awesome 328 finally having a solid M3.
    He's modded it to this point in every way i would have wanted to and provided a great base to build off of and while others might not agree with the boser hood, the cars unique with it.
    Currently has a Dinan: tune, springs, and CAI. UUC Exhaust among a few other things.

Scheduled a detail before I even picked up the car and go her back 2 days ago. The interior is as mint as the outside looks minus a few trim pieces.

Thanks for reading my story. Thought it was too good to not share.
    Have a great day.
    Need graphic design work? LookAtMeSmile.com

Quote Originally Posted by cr2596 View Post
    Yup. A differnt time for the forum. The great threads get 12 replies. Shit threads get 12 pages.

My Cars
    2006 Toyota Tundra
    Glad to hear you finally got into an M3!!

The hood doesn't look horrible in black but if it ends up bothering you I'm sure you could find the correct parts for pretty cheap.