Thread: BMW and Self-Driving Cars

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Lightbulb BMW and Self-Driving Cars

Self-driving cars have been the purview of science fiction for decades, from I, Robot’s self-piloting vehicles with a manual option to Total Recall’s JohnnyCabs that snarkily tell you that you’ve reached your destination. While we aren’t quite there yet, level 2 semi-autonomous vehicles are already a reality, and the technology is continuing to advance faster … Continue reading BMW and Self-Driving Cars →
    See more at www.bimmerforums.com - The Ultimate BMW Forum

More...

My Cars
    2004 BMW e46 Convertible
    Interesting. Do you think self-driving cars will eventually take over and traditional driving will not be even allowed? BMW and all other automotive manufacturers seem very keen on developing this technology but after all, it costs a lot. At least in the beginning those cars won't be affordable for just anybody. Wondering what will happen if you cannot buy a self-driving car and you enjoy driving...It's all very "innovative" and there are indeed a lot of advantages but nobody talks about the risks.