Thread: Auto lock and roll up windows in the electrical manual

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan

Auto lock and roll up windows in the electrical manual

Anyone know what section in the Electrical manual I can find information regarding the feature where you hold the key in the door in the lock position for 5 seconds and it locks the doors and rolls up all the windows? When I give my car power or turn my car off after it's had power (acc 2), my windows auto roll up. My theory is that it is linked to this feature... maybe not, any input is welcome.

My Cars
    22 doors and 4 tops
    There is a dip switch in the door locking assembly to accomplish this. Accessing it sucks however you may be able to disconnect the entire wire harness in the door jamb to determine if the switch has failed in the on position.

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by 66 6 View Post
    There is a dip switch in the door locking assembly to accomplish this. Accessing it sucks however you may be able to disconnect the entire wire harness in the door jamb to determine if the switch has failed in the on position.
    Great tip, I'll disconnect the switch that goes into the lock assembly (near the manual locking pin). I'll look up the lock assembly and see if I can find this wire on the manual, maybe it is grounding out or something.
    Last edited by BANKAIm3; 06-24-2019 at 05:39 PM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan
    After dealing with this issue for way too long. I decided to just remove the zke iv. lol. Time to directly wire the front window switches. Removed rear window motors and all central locking. I could hear the relay(s) in the zke iv power powering up and rolling up my windows every time I would turn the car on or off (if the windows were down... and even if they were already up). Time to remove all the wires going in and out of the zke iv now. I guess it turned out to be a good thing, more weight reduction. Hoping the wires to thr ews ii are output wires from the ews and not input so I don't run into anymore surprises