Thread: e36 turn signal issues...bulbs and fuses all good

My Cars
    97 328i "Hellrot Helena"

e36 turn signal issues...bulbs and fuses all good

I am compiling/duplicating my thread from the e36 subforum hoping for better results here.

Hey guys. I'm in the process of trying to get my 328i sedan road legal after sitting for the last 6 months and something now plagues the car that never did before: a blinker failure. I took the simplest route and just replaced the front bulbs since they had a bulb that did not seem appropriate and changed them for the correct ones (even though my parts store lists two different bulbs for the front corner marker).

All three turn signals work, but when I turn trigger them, on either side, the relay faults like there is a bulb shorted out and triggers on and off really fast. I have checked my fuses and they appear to be good. Have not tested them with a multimeter yet since it just started raining. Could there be a wiring fault somewhere? I just did some doctoring on the taillight housings because the brake circuit burned through some of the metal contact.

Any help would be appreciated, and if any more info needs to be provided please let me know.

I have tested all the fuses in the distribution block under the hood, and they are all good. I have tried removing and reseating the hazard relay also, and no change. I have cleaned and bent all contacts to provide a better connection, still nothing. I have swapped bulb sockets, bulbs, and even traced back some of the wiring.

I'll embed a video shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

I also included a pic I took the other day of the inside of the hazard relay... None of the components look damaged and all the solder joints looked fine to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duhbeerski; 06-22-2019 at 09:04 PM.

My Cars
    2003 530i
    Check all connections to ground for that circuit.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    97 328i "Hellrot Helena"
    Issue has been resolved. I replaced the bulb my parts store recommended with a 2357 bulb and due to an increase in wattage at the filament, the resistance is now correct and the relay functions normal.