Autogeek.net Car Care Products
** 10% off @ Autogeek.net - PinnacleWax.com & Wolfgangcarcare.com - Coupon Code = clubmember

Thread: Interior Detailing and salt removal of the carpet

My Cars
    2008 BMW 7SERIES

Interior Detailing and salt removal of the carpet

Hello Everyone,

I have a BMW 7 Series and usually take it to a local shop in Toronto for detailing and Steam cleaning and they use Optima steamer to clean the carpets and remove salts.
    I tried that using my home steamer but not working , I think they spray something before they steam, Do you know what they spray on before steaming?
    And they used the same spay before restoring my headlight here is the link
    Thanks

Last edited by NIMOOLN; 06-22-2019 at 11:24 AM. Reason: forgot video

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    I know what I'd spray on. 6 oz. Dawn Ultra, 6 oz rubbing alcohol, 91 or 99%, and 30 squirts of Oxy Clean all mixed in a 32 oz sprayer. Then I'd fill the rest of the 32 oz bottle with hot water.
    Apply liberally to the carpets or cloth seats, let sit for 10 min, agitate the bad spots, and vacuum it up with a wet/dry vac. The act of spraying then vacuuming with the wet dry vac is like a poor mans extractor, sort of.

Repeat the process until everything is perfect and all stains are gone.

Make a note of that cleaner formula, it'll work miracles on house carpets as well. For house carpets, spray on stains then use the back side of a spoon to rub the spotted areas. The spoon trick doesn't fray the carpet and the fibers remain perfect. Wet/dry vac the solution of course.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by johnfranklin View Post
    i read your question its quite interesting and i told you both first i told you about how to remove salt from carpet first remove your car carpets, and then i told you which spray or gel you used for cleaning carpet ., Sprayaway salt off, multi purpose car interior cleaner, you also used vacuum cleaner etc. not for interior clean,. multi purpose car interior cleaner, super clean gel, interior shampoo gel, all purpose interior cleaner gel, etc.
    Let me guess - TROLL

My Cars
    '95 Boston M3, '06 F250
    Steam works OK on salt if it isn't heavy, even if its cutting the salt nicely you're still leaving it behind in the carpets. The only machine I use on salt now is a Mytee extractor vacuum... but then again I'm a professional detailer.