Thread: HELP!!! My Car wont move while in gear - Transmission or torque converter?????

My Cars
    2008 E60 550i

HELP!!! My Car wont move while in gear - Transmission or torque converter?????

Hi all,

I need your advice and expertise on this. I have an 08 E60 550i msport. a while back, my transmission was serviced (mechatronic sleeves, oil and filter). the same day, big leak dripping from the tans side. I refilled the transmission oil and everything was normal.

ever since I bought the car (2016) the car has suffered rough idle, stumble while driving (Not much) and some slipping. I have never gotten transmission codes or anything. Two days ago, the car came to a hard stop at a light and I didn't move.

The car was in D and it felt like the brakes were pressed. Ii only move when the rpm are at 5k. that happens on Drive and reverse. Now I hear metal rattling noise coming from the engine bay (not sure).

I scanned the car for codes in got this:

2DEB - Power Management, vehicle electrical system
    2C84 Oxygen sensor behind cat, dynamic response
    29F5 Cat converter conversion 2

Also, when cranking the car, it feels like battery is going but is brand new-registered. Also, my gas consumption has increased like crazy lately. I'm not a mechanic, but read around and asked some people and they feel is the torque converter total fail.

Again, the car is not giving me any transmission error codes what so ever. I'm planning to tackle this on my own, just want to know what you experts and knowledgeable member think it is, before I purchase any of the parts.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Kenovyrt; 06-21-2019 at 04:43 PM.