Thread: Need Help - Coding faulty/Replacement CAS for E90

My Cars
    e90 '06

Need Help - Coding faulty/Replacement CAS for E90

Hello Everyone,
    I am new here and a first time BMW owner. Bought bought the car about 2 years ago (used) and it has been pretty okay until now.

Used car everyday without any major issue until I got in the car one morning and it refused to start.

My BMW E90 (3 Series) 2005/2006 developed a strange fault overnight. Car was okay until I got into it in the morning and it just wont start. The key taps when inserted in the key fod, light comes up on the dash but wont crank or start. Notice there was no fuel pump action too if I listened very well.

Called an auto electrical guy to look at it. He combed through before tracing the fault to the CAS Module. Though surprised the module will develop a fault just like that but I believed him.

Thought it was something that could be repaired by changing blown IC or the other so he took it out for repair. When he returned the repaired CAS2 module still dint start the car but also stopped popping the dash lights on and key fob stops tapping. Seem the situation had become worse. Key fod does not tap again when key is inserted, no light on dash, no crank, no start. Seem car is in some sort of limbo now.

Bought another CAS2 module (Used) and need some guidance to get it back working with the car again.

I have the following;
    - K+D Can cable available.
    - Old CAS
    - Replacement used CAS
    - INPA
    - Downloaded E89 SP-Daten
    - NCS Expert Installed (Most profiles I got have "expert" or so in the name).
    - ISTA-D
    - Other BMW Tools Software

Some other details to note;
    - Old CAS still responds to tools and can read it properly. Its shows the yello steering lock symbol but ELV Counter Reset seem not to be working.
    - New CAS shows the yellow key icon (guess thats expected.)
    - INPA showing cable detected/battery on but No Ignition (don't know is this is a big deal)
    - ISTA+ works okay aside "fault memory" tab is greyed out when i click "display fault memory (dont know if this is normal)

My Expected Solutions.
    - Old CAS back in car reprogrammed/flashed. (dont know how far gone this CAS is)
    - Replacement used CAS reprogrammed/flashed to work with car

Not sure which of these options is the easiers and less expensive but I will love to have the car back on the road as soon as possible.

I will really appreciate some guidance on how to get out of this mess and if chanced connect remotely to my PC to see whats happening. Really in need of urgent help.

Thanks.

My Cars
    36 Cylinders
    You can't put a used CAS in without very expensive tools, certainly not K+DCAN.
    -Abel

- E36 328is ~210-220whp: Lots of Mods.
    - 2000 Z3: Many Mods.
    - 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual 47-50mpg
    - 1999 S52 Estoril M Coupe
    - 2014 328d Wagon, self-tuned, 270hp/430ft-lbs
    - 2019 M2 Competition, self-tuned, 504whp
    - 2016 Mini Cooper S