Thread: Interiors and lock dead. 325i conv 1994.. G/M - ZKE releated ?

My Cars
    E36, 325i conv. 1994

Interiors and lock dead. 325i conv 1994.. G/M - ZKE releated ?

Hi from a first-poster in this great forum

Electrical windows, interior lights and central locking are all not working anymore...

1, I do not have the traditional pre 93 comfort relay... I have the ZKE G/M module 61358387528

2, I have checked the wiring that goes back to the trunk. All cables are fine. All fuses are fine.

3, Problem has been with me for 3 summers now. Last summer, windows and interior lightning suddenly sprung to life just once... When returning from work same afternoon everything was dead again and has been ever since.

4, This would (I guess) prove that the ZKE - G/M module is not blown...

5, A serviceman suggested resetting (rebooting ?) the ZKE module. He hooked up the diagnose computer to my car but was unable to contact the ZKE unit.. It was blocked, inaccessible he said.

5, Is there anything between the fusebox and the ZKE module that could be the fault here ?

6, Where does the ZKE ground ? I read on a U.K forum that under the carpet on the passenger side there is a ground point to the floor where several cables ground. These tend to get corrosion. I have not heard this anywhere else though.

7, Even if there is a ground problem in the loop outbound from the ZKE ( windows, interior lightning and locks), the ZKE should still be accessible with the diagnose check as it surely has it's own ground, correct ?

8, Do the connectors at the ZKE tend to get worn or corroded ? I unplugged it once to check but it looked ok... I could not test with a multimeter as I don't have a wire diagram.

Any help, suggestion where to even begin now is highly appreciated... I do not have a wiring diagram nor do I know where to find one.

Is my problem rare or more common than I think ?

Thanks a lot

Matt
    Last edited by Flippermatt; 06-19-2019 at 02:57 AM. Reason: spelling