Thread: New to me

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

New to me

So my dad's health has been a roller coaster lately, and he signed his beloved 00 M Roadster over to me in case the inevitable happens sooner rather than later.

The car has been in the family for 9 years, in fact I learned how to drive a manual in it. I was the one that found the car for him, knowing he missed his old 1976 BMW 2002 (it was his first car) He and I went to test drive it and he fell in love immediately. During ownership, my dad and I have replaced the speakers, replaced the top using a step by step tutorial we found for a 1996 (it was a PITA trying to figure out the headliner again), and took it for an LS1Tech sponsored cruise around Lafayette, IN because my Trans Am was in the body shop after a teenager rear ended me (don't text and drive!).

Through the 9 years of ownership, he never did register here so now that the car is transitioning to me, I felt it was time to learn everything I can about it. I love the car, I think it's one of the best looking roadsters ever made, and I intend to drive the S52 till it breaks, and then consider an LS turbo swap in order to keep the car in the family.

I look forward to starting my own journey with the car as my dad and I continue to make memories with it.

Last edited by 00MRoadster; 06-17-2019 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Added Pics

My Cars
    4 BMWs.
    Sorry to hear about your Dad, but im sure knowing the memories you have with him in it will be comforting. This forum is a great wealth of info, and if you are looking for Z Camaraderie, check out the ZSCCA, www.zscca.org Their largest national gathering, ZFest, is Next Week in Blacksburg, VA.
    2001 Z3 3.0i -Oxford Green/Sandbeige
    2016 428xi -Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 430iC- Estoril Blue II/Black
    2018 330it - Melbourne Red/Venetian Beige/Black

My Cars
    2000 BMW Roadster 2.3
    Sorry to hear about your dad. We all get older....trust me, I feel it every day. I intend to keep up with my Z for as long as I can, and still get in and out of it. Then, as your dad decided, pass it down perhaps.

I hope your dad’s health swings to the positive and the both of you can continue to enjoy the M. Stay positive and all the best to you and your dad.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster
    Sorry to hear the circumstances on how you got the M, and hope your dad has many years left.

I am in Indiana too. Bought my ‘00 M Roadster a few years ago. Have loved the looks of this car since I first saw one. Drove a ‘Vette , but didn’t excite me...then I found this car. Bought it on sight.

I find mine to be a labor of love, but nothing I can’t handle...as you have already found out. And there is something satisfying about solving an issue or changing the fluids.m

hope you and your dad can enjoy it a bit longer.

Greg
    Tally Ho

http://wcwebs.net/johnson
    1988 O'Day 322 sailboat - (unlimited mpg)

2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster (25 mpg - but who cares)

2019 Subaru Outback
    (30+ MPG)