Thread: Impromptu Canadian car meet

My Cars
    92 735iL (12/1991)

Impromptu Canadian car meet

Hi all. On Sunday a quick get together was organized with all of two forum members: Dirk (kce1900) and myself. Dirk drove an hour from Montreal to my out of nowhere village near Acton Vale.

It was great to see a fellow forum member, and quite something to experience the V12 for the first time! The smoothness and refinement is unmatched.

By comparing our cars we found out that his rear doors have a third opening position, they open super wide. My doors only have two angle positions, despite also being an iL.

Also the latching mechanism was more satisfactory on his car. There was a metallic quality to the sound, and the doors "pop" when you open them, a lot more than mine. My doors are lazy by comparison.

Anyway, lots more comparisons could be drawn, and many technical aspects were discussed. At the end of the day both of our cars are fine machines

kce1900-cactuar1.jpg
    kce1900-cactuar2.jpg
    kce1900-cactuar3.jpg
    TimHortons.jpg

My Cars
    1984 633Csi,1988 535IS, 2000MRdastr,1973 914 Porsc
    It is really fun to get together with other E 32 owners. Four of the Florida members got together earlier this year. Cactur maybe for 2020 you and Dirk can caravan to the Vintage together LOL. That would make about 9 E 32's the "Forgotten Vintage BMW" at the event!