RM European Auto Parts

Thread: BMW 428xi Gran Coupe Rear Break Issues

My Cars
    2015 BMW 428i Gran Coupe

BMW 428xi Gran Coupe Rear Break Issues

Hey guys,

I purchased this car last year it was a 2015 BMW 428XI Gran Coupe, and have had no other issues with this car so far besides the rear breaks. The first time we replaced the rear breaks was last September, about two months after purchasing the car. Its been only 9 months since they have been changed and last week, I had gotten another message indicating my breaks needed to be replaced specifically my rear breaks again. When we first replaced the breaks, the rear right side was almost completely gone, while the left rear side was still decently fine. We ended up replacing both sides to ensure an equal starting point. So when the message had come up again last week on my dashboard, it struck me oddly since I had read the breaks are supposed to usually last up to 25,000 miles at minimum, but mine had only lasted roughly 7-8,000. When inspecting the breaks this time around again, the rear right break was completely gone again, while the rear left break was fine.

I wanted to know if anyone else had any similar issues, and if so any possible solutions they took to fix it?

Appreciate the help!

My Cars
    2003 530i
    Your right rear caliper is sticking. Ignoring the condition the first time was a mistake. Replace that caliper, pads on both sides and perhaps rotors too.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    +1

Sound like the right rear is sticking to me as well. I am going to assume that you are out of warranty by now.

Did a BMW dealership replace the last set of pads? You might be able to get good will replacement if they did, and you had your maintenance done by them.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    I think you need to find a reputable indie shop that specializes in bimmers. A trained tech would have done more that just swapped the pads. Try www.bimrs.org. Also, try the local chapter of the BMWCCA. Its website should have shop recommendations.

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    First things first : "brakes".

2014s are much more well-known for brake rotor corrosion, specifically on the inside-facing surface of the rotor, than they are for sticking calipers. If the rotors are corroded, those new brake pads are going to wear out in 7-8000 miles too.
    Last edited by Critter7r; 06-18-2019 at 11:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.