Thread: LS/JZ to bmw zf PMC kit, pressure plate?

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i

LS/JZ to bmw zf PMC kit, pressure plate?

I'm planning out either a 5.3 or JZ swap, more so leaning to the 5.3. I did a search for a while and wanted to know some info on the pmc adapter kit if anyone's got experience with it. Their verbiage on their website in regards to using the ZF transmission is a little confusing. I saw in a users build they used the sach's -243 pressure plate for an m3 e46 or 330i. I'm wondering if I can use any pressure plate for either of those cars to get the cost down along with the clutch disk for my zf? is there something that makes the sach's pressure plate unique?

My Cars
    '99 LS-swapped 323i vert
    Quote Originally Posted by vkdrifts View Post
    I'm planning out either a 5.3 or JZ swap, more so leaning to the 5.3. I did a search for a while and wanted to know some info on the pmc adapter kit if anyone's got experience with it. Their verbiage on their website in regards to using the ZF transmission is a little confusing. I saw in a users build they used the sach's -243 pressure plate for an m3 e46 or 330i. I'm wondering if I can use any pressure plate for either of those cars to get the cost down along with the clutch disk for my zf? is there something that makes the sach's pressure plate unique?

I agree their verbiage is confusing. I know nothing, other than just scanning their site for a few minutes. However, this link jumped out at me. It says "Got questions?" If you haven't already, might as well ask them:
    https://pmcmotorsport.com/contact-pm...5#contactPanel
    Diving in at the shallow end!

My Cars
    LS E46
    They may be specifying a sprung-hub clutch disc. The stock disc is a solid hub because the springs are built into the flywheel (it’s a dual mass).

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by motorV8ed View Post
    I agree their verbiage is confusing. I know nothing, other than just scanning their site for a few minutes. However, this link jumped out at me. It says "Got questions?" If you haven't already, might as well ask them:
    https://pmcmotorsport.com/contact-pm...5#contactPanel

they're unfortunately hard to get a reply from used their facebook and email with no reply as of yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    They may be specifying a sprung-hub clutch disc. The stock disc is a solid hub because the springs are built into the flywheel (it’s a dual mass).

The only thing they say in regards to clutch is that it needs to match the transmission that's being used. They have part numbers listed for 540i oem kits but no mention of what they're specifically for. I might try to use an m3 or m5 pressure plate and a sprung clutch for my car and see how things go. I've got a ways to go though so I'm not sweating it yet. Hopefully I find more info from here or them before I get to it.