Thread: Replacement for AXXIS Ultimate Brake Pads

My Cars
    1998 e36 M3/4/5

Replacement for AXXIS Ultimate Brake Pads

It's time for new brake pads and I've come to the realization that AXXIS Ultimates are no longer available. I loved those pads.

I've got Brembo blank rotors up front & Zimmermann in the rear. All are in good condition.

Does anyone have any experience with the AXXIS Euro+ pads, or G-Loc GS-1?
    The car is my weekend warrior with occasional AutoX & track days. Any suggestions appreciated.

Or if anyone has a source for AXXIS Ultimates, please PM.
    Last edited by trfarchitect; 06-12-2019 at 03:36 PM.

My Cars
    are slow.
    Best pads I've ever had. I sold my last M3 with those pads on it, and haven't been able to find them since. Really cold bite was not great, but the second they got warm they were an amazing pad. Let me know if you find anything close.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    PFC Z rated?
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    I second PFC Z rated, I love mine. Quite a bit different feel than OEM with less cold bite and more of a linear feel as opposed to the super touchy OEM pads, but you get used to it quickly. They even do just fine at the track with little/no fade under pretty aggressive braking and 30 minute sessions, and are the best performing "street" pad I've come across in that respect.
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy

RRSperry is offline Senior Moment Member BMW E36 M3 Expert
    My Cars
    95 ///M3sc, '21 C8 HTC
    EBC red stuff?
    No matter where you go, there you are...

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    Quote Originally Posted by TostitoBandito View Post
    I second PFC Z rated, I love mine. Quite a bit different feel than OEM with less cold bite and more of a linear feel as opposed to the super touchy OEM pads, but you get used to it quickly. They even do just fine at the track with little/no fade under pretty aggressive braking and 30 minute sessions, and are the best performing "street" pad I've come across in that respect.
    And I felt like they dust less than OEM... I haven't had factory pads in a long time.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by RRSperry View Post
    EBC red stuff?
    I am a fan for the EBC redstuff pads...i have them on my m3 and they did great at the tail of the dragon and autox events...i would like to try the PFC z rated pads...but i did not like their street pad...bimmerworld had a sale on them...they lasted about 3 months (did not like how they performed on the street or otherwise) before i switched to the redstuff...what a difference...

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I’m using Posiquiet’s which are dirt cheap from rock auto. Turner actually states that if you were a fan of Axxis Metal Masters (which I am), the Posiquiets are very comparable.

My Cars
    1997 M3
    I ordered a set of Ultimates not that long ago, like last year. Have they quit making them since then? They where under ULT name or something from an Australian company. I'll have to go see if I can find that again. I ran them for like 2 events at autocross and changed pads since it was a race only car. Still have them almost newish.

edit: Found the link where I ordered them from. https://www.importrp.com/product.php...&cat=37&page=1
    Last edited by snakebit8; 06-20-2019 at 09:51 AM.

My Cars
    1998 e36 M3/4/5
    Thank you for the replies!
    And snakebit, thanks for the link!

My Cars
    are slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by snakebit8 View Post
    I ordered a set of Ultimates not that long ago, like last year. Have they quit making them since then? They where under ULT name or something from an Australian company. I'll have to go see if I can find that again. I ran them for like 2 events at autocross and changed pads since it was a race only car. Still have them almost newish.

edit: Found the link where I ordered them from. https://www.importrp.com/product.php...&cat=37&page=1

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss
    DIY BMW Tools. Charlie For President

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerboy318 View Post
    I’m using Posiquiet’s which are dirt cheap from rock auto.
    ... by Centric?

My Cars
    are slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mless5 View Post
    ... by Centric?

Yup.

I have these on my Civic DD, and I really like them. Though I don't care about brake dust, only about the cold bite, which these do very well.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss
    DIY BMW Tools. Charlie For President

My Cars
    ’02 M5, ‘03 540, ‘98 M3
    Add another vote for PFC Z pads. I ran them on the street and at HPDE's. In my years of M3 ownership, they are the best all around pad.
    2002 M5 Sterling Gray (88k)
    Dinan mufflers and intake, ZHP shift knob, E60 shifter, Ground Control coilovers
    Restoration in progress!

2021 M340i (25k)

Sold!
    2003 540i MSport 6sp Tit Silver (193k)
    Dinan Exhaust, Autosolutions SSK, 88C Thermostat, Koni's, BlueBus, BavSound, DUDMD Stage 2, AFE CAI

Sold!
    Aavi's 98 M3/4/5 Cosmos (137k)
    TMS Stage 3 with Shrick cams, Shorty headers and tune, M50, Stromung, 8.5 LTW's squared, PFC-Z, 3.38, Bosch H1's with city lights, CD43, BSW Stage 1, BMS SSK, TMS Underdrive Pulleys, Sunroof Eclipse, LeatherZ gauge pack

BMW CCA# 308494

a while ago EBCs were very popular for our cars. im running a set on one of my SUVs - the green ones - great bite and almost no dust. i have porterfields on my m3 now and the dust is driving me nuts. anyone running EBCs?

My Cars
    ''95 M3, '17 M2
    Big fan of PFC Z Rated. Ran them DD and HPDE for years because I hated the thought of swapping pads. But... as you go faster they are not the most inspiring after a long straight into a tight corner halfway through a session. So I switched - porterfield RS4 for the track and RS4S for the street/autox. The RS4S is excellent too. Low dust, no noise, good feel, probably a bit better bite, but very comparable to the Z.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyN F355 View Post
    a while ago EBCs were very popular for our cars. im running a set on one of my SUVs - the green ones - great bite and almost no dust. i have porterfields on my m3 now and the dust is driving me nuts. anyone running EBCs?
    EBC redstuffs have been good to me...and you can always try the yellows...

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mless5 View Post
    ... by Centric?
    Yes, Centric