Thread: Diversity Antenna-FM Reception

My Cars
    2006 325XI Wagon

Diversity Antenna-FM Reception

I am fairly new to this forum but have been researching the hect out of poor FM/AM reception and it has been driving me nuts for over a month....first I lost power to the rear wiper, glass hatch and full hatchback levers and could not open, spent 4 weeks trying to fix myself, finally found a way to manually open the glass, popped open the spoiler and found broken wires. repaired them all and all power back to hatch and was hopeful the radio was back, nope!!....this is exactly what I was looking for. ....I have pulled the spoiler off my wagon 10 times now since trying to see what is going on, all FOB controls work fine and I know the diversity antenna runs that as well as the Radio reception. I cleaned the Diversity board (which was spotless), checked all connections, inside the box all looked incredibly clean and dry.....in the back of home stereos I have always just stuck a wire in the antenna hole to get reception....so I stuck a wire into the antenna cable coming from the radio that plugs into the Diversity and boom, reception is perfect. if reception is good when doing this, does that mean the Diversity board / amp is bad? How come? if pugged into the Diversity Antenna I get no stations....but plugging in a small short wire all comes in great. Wouldn't that mean the Diversity Antenna is not doing its job? FOB works and has strong signal but no radios stations? Please help....my first thought was to buy a used one and problem solved but the FOB signal is srong and this board looks clean and perfect!.. Please help, please!

My Cars
    Sounds like you've diagnosed the problem yourself.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician