Hi Everyone. I own a 2016 328XI Coupe. I purposely went out of my way to ensure that my car had bluetooth included.

So my bluetooth works fine when making/receiving cell phone calls. And it even carries my itunes from my iphone (although the sound is better if you connect it wired into the USB port).

But when I program a route into my Google Maps on my iphone and I click the "Start" button to go into Voice Navigation, not only does the voice not carry over the bluetooth connection, it doesn't carry over the wired connection either. And what's worse, it stops the voice from coming from the iphone.

Yet, strangely enough ... if I play from itunes on my phone, and then program a route on Google Maps and click to go into Voice Navigation, it works perfectly (every time the voice has a step in the directions to say, it temporarily reduces the volume on what is playing from itunes and transmits the voice navigation from that step in the directions just fine and then increases the volume again back to what it was).

When I pointed this out to my SA, he got the shop foreman involved and the shop foreman claimed that I do not have the right options in my car for this to work properly. I am suspicious.

Has anyone dealt with this or does anyone know the answer to this?

Many thanks in advance.