Thread: Couple weeks into owning a BMW, and........

My Cars
    2007 e90 328xi

Couple weeks into owning a BMW, and........

I have to say that I am far more impressed and interested to learn as much as I can about my car. I realize that it is an old used car to some but I see it for what it is for me, a tool well designed for the needs of the operator that chose it.
    I bought a very well cared for 2007 328xi w/manual transmission and sport package and other options I really appreciate. I was at first surprised by the initial cost of general work that I needed to do in order to keep it as trouble free as possible but once I dug into it and discovered the work and engineering that it took to put this truly overbuilt and well designed car together, it makes sense and isn’t a waste of time or money.
    Of course my feelings may change if I am hit with disastrous issues or never ending problems but I think people bring up problems more often than say how trouble free their ride is. FCP has been convenient and very fair with what seems to be a business model that is good for the consumer, I haven’t bought much other than water pump and all the things to do at the same time ( preventative due to not knowing age of cooling system) drivetrain fluids, almost done with that messy and time consuming than I thought.
    I did remove the clutch delay valve and connecting without anything in between was easy and made sense. I do all my own work and am lucky enough to have the lift and tools to use that my dad and I set up, after he closed the full service garage and fuel station that I grew up in. Maybe this is in wrong place but I wanted to share where I am with my initial impression of my BMW and have a bunch more to do this weekend!
    My first BMW- 1990 325xi AT
    2nd & current- 2007 328xi 6MT silver on black

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    Thanks for sharing your experience. There's a bunch of people here that get a kick out BMWs for various reasons and uses.

Headaches will occur with an older model, but that's the price we pay.
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    Honda S2000, VW Jetta TD
    Had an 07 328xi stick that I drove as a business car for 44k miles. Bought at 4K miles and it was comfy and trouble free

My Cars
    2002 330i sport, 325i w
    Got a 325i e46 wagon for the family a while ago, e46 is well within my scope as a life long home mechanic, recently came time for my commuter to be replaced. I grabbed up a 330i e46 sedan with the m sport body kit and rims. Never been so stoked to drive to work, my second job is a hill climb, 5 miles of 1.5 lane switch backs, pure joy.