Hi guys,

After a number of years between Bimmers I recently picked up a 2014 435i coupe (non-Xdrive) and I absolutely love this car. While it's loaded with the M Sport, Lighting, Technology, Driver Assistance, & Premium packages, the exhaust tone is too tame for my liking. There are a number of manufacturers producing exhaust systems for these cars, none of which I have experience with, and ranging from $1k to $5k plus. I am not in a position to afford a top-end $5k exhaust system, but I would like to have something with an aggressive tone/growl without sounding annoying. I like the option of the valve operated systems that allow the choice of an OEM or race-type tone. Ideally I'd like to keep this under $2500 for the exhaust (not including a downpipe upgrade).

To give you an idea of my overall plans for this car, I do not plan to do much more than a hi-flow cat/downpipe + cat back exhaust, a flush-fitting set of 19" wheels, and maybe coilovers at some point later.

I have searched on this site for reviews/opinions but thus far I don't see many reviews so I decided to reach out to those of you who have purchased an aftermarket exhaust.

Thanks in advance for your help