Thread: Anybody know how to adjust these?

My Cars
    1995 BMW 320I Sedan

Anybody know how to adjust these?

Hi, I got the Anzo E36 headlights and I’m unsure of how to adjust the angle on the lights, they are pointing too high but I can’t figure out what I have to do to point them down. Can anyone help me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    99 M3
    Did you use several #5s to install these? They are the adjusters.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=63_0275

My Cars
    E36 325is
    In all honesty those probably arent the worst looking lights out there. Just use the adjustment screws on the back of the light bracket.
    Actually would like to see these installed take a pic. Might not look so bad if you removed the hideous plastic cover...

Its not bad
    Last edited by FiberFast; 06-06-2019 at 03:49 PM.

MINIz guy is offline #buttstuff2k14 BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    rolls coal
    ANZO121325a.jpg

This is what the back of the headlights look like from a quick search. The gears with the Phillips head are what you adjust. One will be for up/down and the other for left/right adjustment.

My Cars
    E36 325is
    But they never come back to thank you or tell you how it worked...

My Cars
    1995 BMW 320I Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by FiberFast View Post
    But they never come back to thank you or tell you how it worked...
    I forgot I posted this question on this forumthe bolts on the back worked so we are good to go.

Also here’s a photo of them installed, don’t judge the broken front I’m working on fixing that, and don’t judge how dirty it is too

My Cars
    E36 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by RiPrete View Post
    I forgot I posted this question on this forumthe bolts on the back worked so we are good to go.

Also here’s a photo of them installed, don’t judge the broken front I’m working on fixing that, and don’t judge how dirty it is too

Those actually look descent. Most of these lights look like garbage, especially the ones with the third smaller round light. Reminds me of one of the little green Martians from toy story.
    Yea, your car looks like it needs more than lights. Makes me feel better about the current condition of the exterior on my wip...

My Cars
    1995 BMW 320I Sedan
    Those actually look descent. Most of these lights look like garbage, especially the ones with the third smaller round light. Reminds me of one of the little green Martians from toy story.
    Yea, your car looks like it needs more than lights. Makes me feel better about the current condition of the exterior on my wip...
    They were pretty cheap too, it’s hard to find headlights for these cars that don’t cost an arm and a leg, they were about $280 CAD off Rock Auto. I would like to see what’s so bad about your car. I have another bumper for it but I cannot find the crash bar that joes behind it anywhere, mine is bent about 4 inches backwards and I can’t straighten it, unless you or anyone else got ideas on how to straighten it or know where I can buy a new one it’s gonna be a while.

My Cars
    E36 325is
    My car just has the usual clearcoat leprosy, dings and dents. You will need to pull the frame, anchor the rear subchassis using chains and somthing firmly planted like a tree. The use a ratchet pully and cable to pull the member forwards in the opposite direction. You will probably need to hammer and weld it. I would recommend making an anchor plate that would bolt to the front of the crash structure, and allow you to hook the metal cable to. You could cut it from another car, but again, hammer and weld...
    Last edited by FiberFast; 06-14-2019 at 02:04 PM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 320I Sedan
    My car just has the usual clearcoat leprosy, dings and dents. You will need to pull the frame, anchor the rear subchassis using chains and somthing firmly planted like a tree. The use a ratchet pully and cable to pull the member forwards in the opposite direction. You will probably need to hammer and weld it. I would recommend making an anchor plate that would bolt to the front of the crash structure, and allow you to hook the metal cable to. You could cut it from another car, but again, hammer and weld...
    That’s actually a good idea, I’ll try that next time I’m free for a few hours. A lot cheaper then buying a new one, the only ones I found were off cars from Germany and cost a fortune to get shipped here to Canada.