Thread: What would you pay for my e30?

My Cars
    1987 325es 2jzgte supra

What would you pay for my e30?

**NOT A FOR SALE AD, JUST QUESTIONING WHAT I SHOULD POST IT FOR WHEN I DO.**
    I either see extremely haggard auto non running e30 for 1500ish to basically show e30's for over 10k!

Looking to jump in to a different chassis preferably (e36 m3) so my E30 may be on the market. I have all details below. It is a clean title California car. It has its imperfections but I have made this car
    EXTREMELY reliable and fun.

-Suspension and Steering
    *new Lemforder arms
    *Garagistic solid lollipops
    *Z3 Rack and garagistic adapter kit
    *z3 p/s delete kit
    * MR2 short stroke KYB AGX struts with 11k Swift springs w/ adjustable perches in front
    *Rear KYB Gas Adjust from Camaro and poly shock mounts and vogtland springs
    * Suspension Technique adjustable sway bars front and rear
    *Garagistic braded lines fresh ATE DOT4 fluids
    *Zimmern Rotors all around
    *Hawk hp pads all around
    *e90 Brake booster and remote reservoir
    *Front Ireland Engineering Strut bar
    *Extended wheel stud conversion
    *15x8 +20 wheels and Achilles atr k sport tires (some life left)

*Engine and Transmission
    - M50b25 Non vanos 150k known miles never overheated passed 210* failed new tstat! caught in time!
    ( I pulled the motor from my friends moms running car with failed auto trans)
    -Leakdown test confirmed less than 5% loss across all cyliners.
    -Coolant compression test helt 20psi for over 2 hours. Ended test to go to bed.
    -Econometer works, as well as RPM
    -New Timing chain guide and timing conver gaskets.
    -New crank seal, rear main seal, oil housing seal, valve conver gasket, oil pan gasket,
    intake mani gaskets, exhaust mani gaskets.
    -S52 oe manifolds with Turner Motorsports SAP delete plugs
    -Achilles motorsports Oil pan baffle
    -Recent oil change with 15w40 dino.
    -Ireland engineering Radiator (BMW Coolant)
    -New GRAF water pump
    -New BMW OE water neck
    -MAHLE thermostat 80*c
    -Spal puller fan (m5x and s5x fan delete mod) Turns on w/ ignition and also hard wired
    -Late E30 Expansion tank conversion and New Expansion tank cap
    -Aftermarket Autometer coolant temp guage installed in a/c vent* turns on with ignition as well
    -Removable swap harness (to go back to stock M20)
    -Brand new Valeo single mass flywheel and clutch kit
    -New master and slave cylinders
    -New center Support bearing
    -Garagistic 24 valve transmission mount and poly bushings
    -Condor Speed Shop 24 valve swap mounts
    -Garagistic Chassis mount shifter (will replace with stock unit if price is car price is negotiated
    as I can use this in my future E36)
    -New magnaflow resonator to unknown Muffler *no cat.
    -4.10 LSD with fresh Castrol Syntrax 75w140 (pulled from an auto. e30)
    ***No A/C!!! removed the comressor, lines and condensor. Heater /defroster works very well.

*Exterior (clean title)

-Original color was Delphin gray ._. but the previous owner poorly rattle canned it black and
    it looked absolutely horrid. Cracked and extremely rough. Rather than spending 1-2 grand painting it
    professionally i simply sanded it and resprayed it in a Satin liver metallic and put that money into making it
    mechanically sound.
    -front and rear bumper tuck
    -Red out turn signals with a slight slight tint.
    -DTM Fibreworks wing
    -Drilled door handles
    -Missing a couple trims here and there.
    -Ellipsoid head lights w/ HID (missing high beam on LH side for KAmotors intake vent)
    - Euro grille
    - Plastice bumper surrounds in decent shape ( not bacon )
    -Needs new sunroof seal. But it does slide and tilt etc
    -Not so nice fog lights.
    -Front IS air dam ( cowcatcher) in ok shape. Directly mounted to Divingboard bumper.
    -Locks from driver door and trunk. Unlocks from only the trunk.

Interior
    - Garagistic Bucket seat brackets and side plates
    - Less than 1000 miles on new Momo Super Cup seat ( will remove if price is negotiated)
    - Momo Veloce Steering wheel, May take it off. has sentimental value
    - Garagistic chassis mounted tall shift lever
    - Autometer temp guage in A/C vent
    - Tan vert sport seats 6/10 condition
    - 7k tach from 1988 e30 vert according to p.o.
    - Interiot is a 6/10 but complete. Prevoius owner was apparently addicted to paint in a can. (interior dye spray)
    -Cracked dash.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

My Cars
    87 325is 96 GMC Suburban
    I think you should come to your senses and keep it... seriously. Spend the money on a quality paint job instead of starting over with another platform that, trust me, is NOT without its maladies
    Last edited by msservices; 06-05-2019 at 10:50 PM.

My Cars
    1987 325es 2jzgte supra
    Ive pondered this aswell man i have.

My Cars
    91' 325i
    The main problem is that it looks like shit. If it looked great, but needed mechanical stuff, you'd get more money than the opposite. I think as far as value, your best bet is to sit on it and keep an eye out for really good deals on interior parts. If you could get some decent carpet and seats in it for a smokin' deal, that would help. Go to Harbor Freight and get a paint gun. Learn to DIY yourself a decent paint job. Then sell it for $5,000. Otherwise sell it now for $2,500? I'm not terribly familiar with CA pricing. And ditch the Momo stuff. You might be able to make some money off of it selling separately, and in my opinion it detracts from the selling price of your car. Personally, the last thing I want to see when buying a cheap sports car project is "ricer" type mods. A beat up looking car with a Momo seat, steering wheel, and shifter just guarantee that someone beat the shit out of the car.

My Cars
    1987 325es 2jzgte supra
    Quote Originally Posted by firstRWD View Post
    The main problem is that it looks like shit. If it looked great, but needed mechanical stuff, you'd get more money than the opposite. I think as far as value, your best bet is to sit on it and keep an eye out for really good deals on interior parts. If you could get some decent carpet and seats in it for a smokin' deal, that would help. Go to Harbor Freight and get a paint gun. Learn to DIY yourself a decent paint job. Then sell it for $5,000. Otherwise sell it now for $2,500? I'm not terribly familiar with CA pricing. And ditch the Momo stuff. You might be able to make some money off of it selling separately, and in my opinion it detracts from the selling price of your car. Personally, the last thing I want to see when buying a cheap sports car project is "ricer" type mods. A beat up looking car with a Momo seat, steering wheel, and shifter just guarantee that someone beat the shit out of the car.
    California prices are a total different ball game than where youre located. A shit paint job hurts value of course. Momo buckets and steering wheels are not "ricer". I just prefer to drop 5-600 on an actual bucket seat versus the same on a mediocre set of sport seats. Again socal prices are outrageous. Judging how someone has driven based off the parts they installed is a pretty vague method but to each their own. Im a 30 year old dude that does some occasional spirited driving that counts on hisbe30 to get to and from work. Some people are purists some not. I did however pick up a new paint gun on sale. Gonna give a diy paint job a go. Cant look worse than the tin man paint it already has.

My Cars
    No e30s, again :(
    momo is high end stuff. I have a momo bmw wheel for which ever bmw I feel like putting it in. the dang horn button is worth almost as much as the whole thing because people always lose it. it was for the e21s but I just got a different momo adapter and used it in my e30.
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    1986 325e
    Post some pics?

I have looked at e30s for over 5 years. And I have bought and sold cars of various platforms for over 20 years. I want to say your car is worth $3K to $5K just from the description. One thing to remember, you will never make any money back on mechanical modifications. And how a car looks inside and out will determine its value more than adding mechanical parts. You could argue a higher price with someone who knows the value of what you have done. The e30 draws a good price form enthusiasts. But your average buyer will wonder why a 30+ year old car that looks used is so expensive. In my experience, you will make the most of your money by pulling all the aftermarket parts you can, sell those, and put back stock pieces. If that is too much of a hassle, then prepare to take a loss. Your best bet is to trade for an e36 because that is what you want. And you are more likely to find a BMW enthusiast willing to give you more in a trade.