Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steering shake- what gives?

My Cars
    E36 M3, jzxE28
    Quote Originally Posted by awp235 View Post
    Piner- Wondering your opinion on cutting some e90 tie rods down so they're similar length. My shake is back, not with a vengeance yet, but it's definitely started up again. Only done 4 drift days, 2 2 day events.
    have you checked for bent tie rods?
    I had a bent inner that visibly looked straight.

edit: I see your first post says you changed them, anyways post up your alignment specs too and I'd look out for anything bent. Just saw a friend go through every component and it turned out to be a bent coilover mounting point
    Last edited by Press22; 08-08-2019 at 02:27 PM.
    instagram @andyitslit

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Press22 View Post
    have you checked for bent tie rods?
    I had a bent inner that visibly looked straight.

edit: I see your first post says you changed them, anyways post up your alignment specs too and I'd look out for anything bent. Just saw a friend go through every component and it turned out to be a bent coilover mounting point
    Thing is, it completely went away with new tie rods, and now my tie rods have play in the joint again.

My alignment is 3.5* negative camber, 3/8" toe out, and my caster is around 6.3*. My toe is rough, I used toe plates to do it this time because I didn't have a chance to bring it down for the alignment.

Watching vids and seeing pics, my camber goes positive even at half lock... I need to add more. I'm going to keep my 3.5-3.6* until after US air because I'm very comfortable with how the car handles, and then I'll add probably a degree of negative camber after that even for my next local event.
    Keep it simple: half gutted '01 330i, welded diff, BC coils, SLR Super kit

My Cars
    1999 328ic , 2002 325xi
    Yeah you could do that but E90 inners are pretty damn long and you'd have to cut some extra thread in the shaft most likely to get the tie rod tube down far enough on the shaft.

I'd say you could buy some 7 inch tubes from us and run those but even still its about an inch too long. Would work for an Ultra kit.

Sean and I were talking more today about doing a custom inner tie rod. So we are going to put some more thought into that and hopefully have a solution to this inner tie rod quality issue.

My Cars
    '07 335I 6MT, '01 330i
    Quote Originally Posted by Piner View Post
    Yeah you could do that but E90 inners are pretty damn long and you'd have to cut some extra thread in the shaft most likely to get the tie rod tube down far enough on the shaft.

I'd say you could buy some 7 inch tubes from us and run those but even still its about an inch too long. Would work for an Ultra kit.

Sean and I were talking more today about doing a custom inner tie rod. So we are going to put some more thought into that and hopefully have a solution to this inner tie rod quality issue.
    If you want someone to beat the shit out of a prototype or anything, let me know! I'm not sure I'll even have time to replace the inners again.
    Keep it simple: half gutted '01 330i, welded diff, BC coils, SLR Super kit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12