Thread: 528i 99 wagon air compressor

My Cars
    1999 bmw 528i wagon

Post 528i 99 wagon air compressor

hello, i just bought a e39 and i am going about restoring the entire rear end suspension components. The previous owner seemed to have completely removed the air compressor,solenoid valve etc.. I have purchased new compresor however cannot go about hooking it up to the new air bag lines and what not. I have found the solenoid valve online to purchase however have not found the remaining parts. Any and all help is appreciated in terms of diagram routing and the remaining parts I need.

My Cars
    750IL/540iT/R53/E46Vert
    e38.org is your friend

Start with this - http://e38.org/selflevel.pdf - It's a nice little system. There is a rebuild kit for the compressor - new seals, etc. Let us know if this helps.

My Cars
    '99 E39 M5T
    There's also a control module, that's supposed to sit in the spare tire area, between the battery and the spare tire. It would be in a plastic housing that would act as a wall between the tire and battery. The air lines go from the compressor, to the control module, then to the air springs.