My Cars
    Audi

2019 X5 - Driver's Assistance Plus Not Working?

This could be me not understanding how the driver's assistance works but the X5 will jerk back into the lane sometimes when I am near the center line and sometimes not at all. I tried testing the front collision with a very late brake and I would have rear ended the car in front of me if I didn't slam on the brakes. My Honda Pilot will keep the car into the lane and will brake hard if I approach the car in front of me too fast. It's almost like it is disabled on the X5?

My Cars
    There are certain criteria and conditions for the system to work. Sometimes I have a hard time getting them to activate when I have to test them.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    Audi
    If you have a hard time testing them and nearly rear ending a car, it sounds like they do not work well and cannot be trusted.

My Cars
    I would never put 100% trust in them. It's just there as a failsafe for distracted drivers. Nothing is better than paying full attention to the road.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    Audi
    Yes -- Everyone should always look at the road but these features are good to have and they are also purchased by us so they should work. The front radar must work because it beeps during parking. It can identify small objects in my garage but not a deer 50' from the front of the SUV or a stopped car right in front of me. I have the DAAP but it doesn't appear to work.

Extended Traffic Jam Assistant provides partially automated support on limited-access highways, as well as support for narrow road sections; Pulling on a lever, Emergency Stop Assistant brings the vehicle to a stop in case of a health emergency; and Evasion Aid assists in critical approach situations by reacting to vehicles and pedestrians in front of you.

First, the Extended Traffic Jam Assistant doesn't work. Hands off for a few seconds and only with cruise control set. Pulling on a lever? What lever?? and Evasion Aid doesn't work as I nearly clipped a deer and a car. All of this stuff sounds great on paper till you pay for it and find out it doesn't work.