I have a stock 2015 M4 that I ran my first track day of the year with over the weekend. On the ride home from the track, the brakes were fine, but starting the next day and since, the brakes have been groaning when braking. Why would this happen? I made sure that after each session at the track, I did not apply the emergency brake, just left it in gear (6M) so it would not roll. This also happened last year after a track day, and they eventually returned to normal. I had the dealer check them out when this happened and he said there was nothing wrong with them, but did not explain why they were groaning.

How long should the OEM brakes last? I bought the car used last year with 16K miles, it now has 30K. The vehicle status says the front brakes have 110K miles left before replacing. When I asked the dealer last year if this was accurate (at around 130K miles), he said it was accurate.

I use this car as my daily driver and plan on using it 4-6 days per year on the track. Should I be thinking about replacing the OEM brakes with different brakes.