Thread: getting wires from behind glove box to rally road gauge pod

My Cars
    2017 F150, 97 M3

getting wires from behind glove box to rally road gauge pod

I am trying to install a boost gauge and wide band sensor. I am going to use the opening behind the glove box on to feed wires/tube through firewall but then how do I get the wires/tubing to the gauge pod?

My Cars
    1 Blue, 1 White, 1 Black
    Quote Originally Posted by DSTX17 View Post
    I am trying to install a boost gauge and wide band sensor. I am going to use the opening behind the glove box on to feed wires/tube through firewall but then how do I get the wires/tubing to the gauge pod?
    I'm not sure I'm understanding the question. Have you already ran your sensors in the engine bay and through the firewall?

Where are your gauges mounted?
    Past: '99 Hellrot/Dove M3 | '97 S14 1JZ | '06 Triumph Daytona 675 | '01 330I M-Tech I | '99 Silvia S15 | Current: '96 Estoril/Black M3

Instagram

My Cars
    96 M3 97 M3 98 M3 99 M3
    Why are you taking the longest route possible? Just go through the drivers side.

Your question doesn’t make sense. You can get them through the firewall but you can’t figure out the rest?

My Cars
    1998 Techno M3 Coupe
    If you are going through the opening on the passenger side then drop the two kick panels (passenger & driver) and just route the wires above the kick panels. There is plenty of room there and plenty of room across the top of the transmission tunnel. I just did this for my RallyRoad pod. Just zip tie the wiring or tubing. If you are worried about chaffing then add some fabric wrap at the tie location.
    The hardest part is threading the wires through the rubber grommet openings. I had to extend the wire the gauge supplied as the wire was not long enough as this route is pretty long (As Brett pointed out). But I liked it because it is the supplied location for pulling wire through the firewall without making any mods or crowding the wire through some other opening. For a boost gauge it might be better to try a more direct route through the drivers side unless you have plenty of tubing. And you definitely don't want to kink the line.

There are a couple of pics here: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showpost.php?p=1067818743&postcount=127