Thread: What is it worth?

My Cars
    e36 M3 x 2

What is it worth?

If this is not allowed, please take it down. Considering moving on from one of my e36 m3s. My brother is not a car guy but has expressed an interest in buying it. Want to get some opinions on it's value. I have my own opinion on the value. I think I could sell it relatively easily and quickly for $15-16k. I also feel like on BAT, on the right day with the right buyers it might get $20k. Here is a little info about the car:

It is a '97 estoril over dove sedan, 5 speed, low option (no sunroof, manual seats). Currently it has 115k miles. Carfax is clean. I am the 8th owner of the car. All orginal paint/vin-tags.

I have done significant work to "restore" and sort the car and it is mostly stock. Non-stock items are a stromung muffler, koni yellow shocks, h&r sport springs and "street" poly sub-frame bushings. I have also added a new oem x-brace. Every suspension bushing has been replaced with OEM (or OEM equivalent) rubber in the past 12 months including new control arms and tie rods. Cooling system was overhauled with Bimmerworld stage 3 kit (aluminum radiator, silicon hoses, new water pump with aluminum impeller, new thermostat and thermostat housing, new expansion tank). Power steering system was overhauled with a new cooler, new lines and a new reservoir. Went to replace the head gasket and found a crack in the head, so I installed a brand new head with new valves and springs. Vanos was also rebuilt at that time with Besian anti-rattle kit. Wheels are all refinished and perfect. It has 17x8.5 ds2s on all corners with new (<1k miles) sumitomo tires 245/40r17 front and rear.

Overall it is in very good condition. No rips on the leather, some wear on the drivers bolster. It drives like a dream with all the suspension rehab. Has normal wear and tear for a car of this age and mileage. I appreciate any and all thoughts!

I think thats a good estimate. I bought a 98 sedan 150k mikes full documentation for 11k ablut 2 yrs ago. Subsequently have spent 30k updating and upgrading it fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1997 M3, 2012 C63
    Manual sedans are definitely desirable. BAT sells enough m3s these days that the market is pretty well defined in the low teens for well maintained cars. The high teen cars are below 100K miles and fewer owners. You are not getting 20K for an 8th owner car with 115K miles.

My Cars
    are slow.
    Jeez.. I sold my 5-speed sedan with 129k on it for 7k a few years ago... #Facepalm... Should have just kept it in the garage.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss
    DIY BMW Tools. Charlie For President

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Yeah I agree that something in the $12-16K range is probably realistic. It has lower than average mileage and it sounds like it's been well maintained and tastefully upgraded, but it's not a "collector" car with 50K miles or anything like that. The biggest determining factors on where in that range it falls will probably be the paint and interior condition, since that stuff costs a fortune to restore/fix correctly and it sounds like the mechanicals are more or less fine. It's not getting $20K though, unless I'm vastly underestimating the market for sedans (I'm a coupe owner).
    1999 M3/2/5 - Titanium Silver - Track/Weekend Toy