Thread: Windsheild Replacement

My Cars
    2013 X5 35i M-Sport

Windshield Replacement

Anyone in the NJ/NYC area have their windshield replaced? Insurance is covering it at my choice of shop and I want to get this done right the 1st time. Ive talked to BMW of Morristown and they said they will do it for ~$2800 but just wondering if there are any other good shops I should be looking at? I want OE glass only, not OEM or aftermarket
    Last edited by RyansBMW; 05-24-2019 at 11:00 AM.

VRSF CP & DP | BMS Intake | MHD 2+ Tune | BavSound Stage 1 | 20% Tint
    Contact me for module coding/ECU resets

My Cars
    2013 X5 35iXdrive
    In the past when I’ve had windshields replaced, I’ve had 3rd parties do it and they will replace with a factory windshield if you specify. It’s more expensive but they’ll do it.

In some cases (Volvo for one) you might have to get a factory windshield if you have a heated windshield for instance.

Depending on the circumstance, you can the windshield repaired and not replaced. Something to consider if you are paying out of pocket. Sometimes insurance will pay for the repair with no deductible. Again, something to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If winning isn't everything, then why keep score?

There are many parts of my youth that I'm not proud of. There were..... loose threads - untidy parts of me that I would like to remove. But when I... pulled on one of those threads - it'd unravel the tapestry of my life

My Cars
    2013 X5 35i M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey John View Post
    In the past when I’ve had windshields replaced, I’ve had 3rd parties do it and they will replace with a factory windshield if you specify. It’s more expensive but they’ll do it.

In some cases (Volvo for one) you might have to get a factory windshield if you have a heated windshield for instance.

Depending on the circumstance, you can the windshield repaired and not replaced. Something to consider if you are paying out of pocket. Sometimes insurance will pay for the repair with no deductible. Again, something to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Ive found 2 shops that do a lot of work directly for BMW that can get me factory glass at a better price. The crack is about 12” at this point so it has to get replaced.

I’ve heard too many stories about companies like safelite doing windshields, especially on BMW, and having problems with the rain/light sensors, incomplete seals, etc. I want to get this done right the first time

My Cars
    BMW X5
    Hey I came across your thread and am also in need of a windshield replacement. Can you recommend me the 2 shops and which one you used? How was your experience? Thanks!

My Cars
    2013 X5 35i M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by humgalingxp View Post
    Hey I came across your thread and am also in need of a windshield replacement. Can you recommend me the 2 shops and which one you used? How was your experience? Thanks!
    - C&D Auto Body in South Hackensack. They do a ton of repair work for the local BMW dealers. Expensive but do good work.
    - My Way Auto in Brooklyn, NY. They do most of the replacements for BMW of Manhattan and BMW of Brooklyn. This is where I ended up going since they happened to be in network for my insurance company.

My Cars
    1997 528i/5, 1997 528i/5
    Quote Originally Posted by RyansBMW View Post
    - C&D Auto Body in South Hackensack. They do a ton of repair work for the local BMW dealers. Expensive but do good work.
    - My Way Auto in Brooklyn, NY. They do most of the replacements for BMW of Manhattan and BMW of Brooklyn. This is where I ended up going since they happened to be in network for my insurance company.
    I had Joe at My Way in Brooklyn do my E39 and he has done numerous ones for friend's BMWs. His level of work is really great and for me it was worth the drive. I paid the difference and he installed a Sekurit windshield instead of insurance grade in my car.
    Wade

My Cars
    2013 X5 35i M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubergine View Post
    I had Joe at My Way in Brooklyn do my E39 and he has done numerous ones for friend's BMWs. His level of work is really great and for me it was worth the drive. I paid the difference and he installed a Sekurit windshield instead of insurance grade in my car.
    Yea I paid additional and upgraded to the comfort climate glass. His rain sensor skills need a bit of work. Mine looks like ass so I bought a kit online and hope to fix it this weekend. The sensors seems to work but it looks like its only half attached. There is a massive air bubble in there.

My Cars
    BMW
    There are many local shops that do this work perfectly and on good price.