BMW of Bloomfield
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to let go of my gorgeous 1995 M5 Touring

My Cars
    ///M's
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkitect View Post
    Never tried BAT?
    That was my initial thought, maybe someday.

Hey, first of all, nice car! I hope you find a buyer who will love it just as much as you did.

Now I’m not trying to rain on your parade, nor am I trying to lower the price as I’m not a potential buyer, but 129000$? I don’t see a living soul paying anything CLOSE to that. There’s a guy selling 2 of these in comparable condition for 60000$ each here on the forum and even he isn’t getting his number called.

I’d personally suggest posting it on BaT with 100k reserve just so you get a sense of what’s the realistic price for this (the reserve very likely won’t be met) and then either adjust it or just keep the car if you can in any way (as it’s obviously worth a lot more to you than other people).

Anyway, good luck with the sale at all prices, and don’t take my comment as unfriendly, I’m just trying to give you a different perspective

My Cars
    ///M's
    Thanks for your feedback. It's hard for me to relate to these other ones. They are 92s (5sp instead of 6, older front grille, and a few more differences, check wiki if you'd like...), are they individual, similar options? Desirable color combos? How many owners? History? Services? Shape? Paint? Actual miles? Etc.

Everything plays a role. I can stand by my car, It's nearly spotless. Definitely worth its price tag and worth much more in the future!

A low miles E30 M3 just sold for $250k, not nearly as rare, or even as nice in terms of car quality and features !

Quote Originally Posted by kix17 View Post
    Hey, first of all, nice car! I hope you find a buyer who will love it just as much as you did.

Now I’m not trying to rain on your parade, nor am I trying to lower the price as I’m not a potential buyer, but 129000$? I don’t see a living soul paying anything CLOSE to that. There’s a guy selling 2 of these in comparable condition for 60000$ each here on the forum and even he isn’t getting his number called.

I’d personally suggest posting it on BaT with 100k reserve just so you get a sense of what’s the realistic price for this (the reserve very likely won’t be met) and then either adjust it or just keep the car if you can in any way (as it’s obviously worth a lot more to you than other people).

Anyway, good luck with the sale at all prices, and don’t take my comment as unfriendly, I’m just trying to give you a different perspective

My Cars
    '03 530i/5 Sport
    You've had this for sale for a year. The market is telling you to drop your price.

My Cars
    ///M's
    Or wait...
    I listed it only here and M5board. That's it.
    Iirc the car cost around $120k new, so today it's a bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by cpf9 View Post
    You've had this for sale for a year. The market is telling you to drop your price.

Quote Originally Posted by ///Manuel View Post
    Or wait
    Well considering the time frame, it looks a lot more like you’re not really selling the car, but you’d be willing to part with it if an offer you couldn’t refuse came in. Which is actually completely fine, it just makes the title a bit misleading.

Regarding the comparison to the E30 M3, it’s price and rarity vs your car’s, I think you can figure out the demand for those M3’s vs E34 M Wagons yourself

Wait, you are a member of the forum since ‘01?? Wow, I wouldn’t think this forum existed back then, nice!

My Cars
    '03 530i/5 Sport
    Another E34 M5 touring just went live on BaT, so you're about to get a good comp for your price:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1992-bmw-m5-15/

My Cars
    ///M's
    Right, but it's a 92, they do share same engine but not as rare, 17" wheels with "hubcaps", older grille, 5-speed, etc. I much prefer 95 versions, more rare, cooler options, gorgeous wheels, 6-speed, adjustable suspensions, etc. Just more exclusive and unique. Plus those miles... I would pay twice as much for a 95 over 92-94s.

My Cars
    ///M's
    Price drop before going on BAT in June/July with.... no reserve !

My Cars
    ///M's
    Last edited by ///Manuel; 07-11-2021 at 03:18 PM.

My Cars
    1990 325is, 1990 325i
    Good Luck!

I hope you prove all the haters wrong, this is a gorgeous car, wish I had anywhere near the disposable money to consider it given the rarity it's a gem in collector's collection.

My Cars
    ///M's
    Thank you, it had a good run. A bit sad to let it go.
    I think given today's market in general (housing, stock, goods, etc.), the rarity, condition, options, and such the buyer got a great deal.
    I hope they appreciate the car as much as we all did over here.

My Cars
    1990 325is, 1990 325i
    $85k, certainly more than the others posted, OP, how do you feel about the sale price?

My Cars
    E34 540i/6
    BAT is the worse place for any buyer to purchase a car. It's always more than retail and there are shill bidders on that site. Not to say this auction had any shill bidders but I would never buy any car on there. As such, sellers always seems to refer to that site for reference prices. Good luck with selling to the general public using those prices!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12