Thread: umnitza bumper and fender liners

My Cars
    2002 e39 540i

umnitza bumper and fender liners

Hey- if I pick up the an M5 knock off bumper, what lower fender liner/pork chops do I need? I have a 2002 540i, not an M-sport. I have read a lot of different opinions and just wanna make sure I order the right stuff the first time around. Also, does anyone have any pictures of fitment, on both after market M5 bumper and fender liners.

My Cars
    Two 2003 540i6 Msports
    You will need the 2003 540i M-sport/M5 porkchop's (fender liners) to make everything fit correctly.
    I do not believe in a risk free society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existence. Nick Ienatsch

The law does NOT determine "right" from "wrong". They are unrelated.

If you put cheap parts on your car, you will soon have a cheap parts car.

My Cars
    2002 e39 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by Santaclaus4 View Post
    You will need the 2003 540i M-sport/M5 porkchop's (fender liners) to make everything fit correctly.
    thank you kind sir! I have seen your posts on other threads. Did you also purchase a Umnitza bumper? and if so, are you happy with it?

My Cars
    Two 2003 540i6 Msports
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovehoops View Post
    thank you kind sir! I have seen your posts on other threads. Did you also purchase a Umnitza bumper? and if so, are you happy with it?
    That is a very good question.
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...er-replacement
    I had a few issues with the first bumper cover I got from them. They reached out to me before I was even able to contact them about it. We worked out a deal privately and I received my second bumper cover a couple weeks ago. I've been so busy that I haven't even opened the shipping box yet. It's still sitting on the floor in a pile of other unopened parts for my project car.
    When I swap bumper covers, I'll make note of my own previous installation and see if I did anything that contributed to it's poor fitting. It's only fair to be as accurate as possible and own up to any misalignment that I caused myself.
    I do not believe in a risk free society where the thrill of living is traded for the safety of existence. Nick Ienatsch

My Cars
    2002 e39 540i
    Quote Originally Posted by Santaclaus4 View Post
    That is a very good question.
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...er-replacement
    I had a few issues with the first bumper cover I got from them. They reached out to me before I was even able to contact them about it. We worked out a deal privately and I received my second bumper cover a couple weeks ago. I've been so busy that I haven't even opened the shipping box yet. It's still sitting on the floor in a pile of other unopened parts for my project car.
    When I swap bumper covers, I'll make note of my own previous installation and see if I did anything that contributed to it's poor fitting. It's only fair to be as accurate as possible and own up to any misalignment that I caused myself.
    Good read, thanks. I am not looking to order mine until next week. If you find the time to put your bumper on, please update so we can all see.

My Cars
    ‘01 540’00 528T’03 525T
    One things for sure, order the bumper cover without the washer cutouts done, do it yourself!!! I think Umnazi’s painter is cross eyed or something....
    Set the controls for the heart of the sun

My Cars
    Two 2003 540i6 Msports
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmrMeUpSnotty View Post
    One things for sure, order the bumper cover without the washer cutouts done, do it yourself!!! I think Umnazi’s painter is cross eyed or something....
    Hahaha... I made sure the second cover came without the holes cut out.

My Cars
    03 540iT M-Sport Wagon

Umnitza bumper swap

I replaced my cracked factory bumper cover with an Umnitza in 2015. Had it painted locally, cut the washer jet holes myself.
    There's a Flickr album with lots of photos here, the bumper cover swap is in the middle of the first page.
    I had to remove the old one twice, first to extract the T-bar to be painted with the new cover, then again to mount the new cover itself.
    The photos show the under engine cover and the brake air ducts as they should properly be re-installed, also how the grill behind the T-bar is removed and replaced.

2014 i3 BEV, 2016 X5 xDrive40e
    Myrtle Beach SC