Thread: Really need some HELP - Radiator install problems (If you've installed one, plz LOOK)

My Cars
    95 525iT, 02 E430, 02 M3

Really need some HELP - Radiator install problems (If you've installed one, plz LOOK)

I really need help. Super frustrated with the car - I installed a new radiator (after attempting to just replace the upper radiator hose that was cracked, I ended up snapping the neck off of the top/right part of the radiator). Anyways, Got everything in and put back together and started to fill up with antifreeze, when I noticed it running right out of the bottom of the car..I looked and noticed (the attached pics show) the exact location of the leak (connection point of the passenger side hose, with metal connector clip. It wasn't sealing at all. . even after it was fully on and the clip pushed into place. This IS WHERE I'D LOVE YOUR INPUT OR TIPS. I found an 0-ring gasket in the box, but it doesn't allow the connection to work at all when it's inserted.

The radiator is new. I checked the old radiator and the connection type is the exact same as the new one, so I'm doing something wrong here...

HELP! (let me know if the pictures don't make any sense, but I disconnected the two pipes to show which one I'm talking about in the photos):
    IMG_0415.jpg
    Last edited by TurboMeTroy; 05-19-2019 at 10:14 PM.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    There needs to be an oring use silicone on the fittings for easier fit also some times when removing the hose I have cut a grove in the fitting to help removal, because the radiator will break as you have seem theses fittings are quite tight