Thread: Introduction and Information

My Cars
    E46 330Ci, E39 528i, SQ5

Introduction and Information

Hello,
    After months of stalking this forum, I decided to sign up and actually take part in discussions. I have found many answers on these forum pages so thank you to everyone who contributed, and who will continue to do so.

I'm from Oregon and I have been a car enthusiast for my entire life. I don't limit myself to any make or model of car, but appreciate certain makes more based on personal experience or historic significance. I tend to reject cult following of any type of vehicle simply because I want to enjoy automotive experiences in full. That being said, I have a special place in my heart for E36 and E39s. I have raced E30s, and E46s. I have more mechanical experience with these cars as well, mostly because I used to be able to get them for very cheap and work on them easily.

I have a great shop to work out of, and just finished putting a new head on my E39 on my own. It's a single Vanos but I have timing tools for both. I also work on Audi and love the 2.7 twin turbo motor. I am working on a 500HP 2006 Audi Allroad right now.

I am very proud to own an all original 1995 BMW 325is, Manual. White with tan leather interior. Everything about this car is completely stock. I bought the car 4 years ago for $1200 with only 126,000 miles on it. I fixed the fuel pump issue and put a new rear brake line on it to get it driving again. I have maintained it, kept records, and registered it on VINWiki. My plan is to keep this car stock, in good shape, with low miles. They are becoming rare now days and I believe this is a true driver's car, one of the last of this era. I have changed the front and rear sway bars to the M3 bars, and the suspension also over to the M3.

My wife's 1997 528i E39 was a free car. I have fixed it up and kept it running. All new front and rear suspension components, A-arms, well the list is too long here. Basically this has been my money pit which has over 210,000 miles on it, and it drives like a brand new car. It has the brand new head installed which has less than 3000 miles on it so far. This was the first major tear down I have done on my own in my own shop with all of my own tools, which was a huge milestone for me. Having a car start up after reassembly as if it was never torn apart is a real accomplishment for me. (I actually did have someone help me lift the head off the block so I didn't break the timing chain guide.)

So that's me. Just another person on here learning all they can about a car they love to work on. I hope to contribute to these forums and help in any way I can.

Ps. My next project after my 500HP Allroad is to get a 2.8 from a wrecked 528i (single Vanos), put it under a 2.5 head on a 325is, put 3.0 crank in there and M cams in, and have fun on the track. Upgrading to E46 brakes and M3 suspension will be a must for the track, along with a full roll cage and some other fun track essentials.

Cheers!~

My Cars
    E36 325is
    Welcome to the forums. Sounds like you have plenty of mechanical experience to provide, look forward to seeing what you do. Pictures are always nice

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Pic's of the E36 please

You have to use an outside pic host till you have enough posts on this forum to use the built in host. Below is a test to see that https://postimages.org/ works, use the "hotlink for forums".

Last edited by Eric93se; 05-19-2019 at 05:26 PM.
    Attn. NEWBIES: Use the search feature, 98% has already been discussed.
    Click the search button, select "search single content type", select the "e36 sub forum" specifically, try the "search titles" then try the "search entire posts".

My Cars
    E46 330Ci, E39 528i, SQ5
    Thanks, I'll work on posting up some good pictures. It's a really nice version of the E36, with a perfect carfax, all original body panels, no sign at all of any accident ever, and a record of when it was first bought in Texas until now. I feel pretty lucky to own that car. I'm the 3rd owner by the way.