After years of waiting for the right motor, moment and deal, it happened today. A low miles S50 motor became available locally, and the guy was kind enough to deliver it even.
The S50 he was selling had an issue. He had taken the head off to check things out and one of the valves was bent. The piston was slightly marred but not close to being unusable.
He had hoped to find a project and get it put into something, but recently gave up on it what some reason.
I jumped on it when I found it on Craig's List and with $500 out of pocket, I now have an S50 sitting in my shop, ready for revival.

The car I'm putting it in is a completely stock 1995 BMW 325is 5 speed manual. It's white with tan leather interior. The car already has all M3 sway bars on it, and rear M3 springs and shocks, and front M3 shocks.

The idea behind this is to keep my 325is looking stock on the outside. I will be swapping over the E46 330i brakes, which is a must have upgrade. I will also be getting a new posi rear end.

I wanted to share the start of the project with you so you all could follow along. When I get enough posts I'll even be able to share some pictures with you of the progress.

First, the engine build. I'll be rebuilding the head. I will also be putting new bearings in the bottom end.

Later everyone!