Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front arm thrusters: 2001 530i

My Cars
    2001 BMW 540i 6spd
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy4trains View Post
    Use REALOEM.COM to find the correct part number. Then order the correct part number.
    Thanks for that. Was able to order the part i needed!

I have another question -- I stumbled on this video https://youtu.be/GY909OF47Ng?t=42 in which they use something called a sealed spherical monoball. The design makes more sense to me, less play acting on that bushing(?) so it would last longer... or am I totally wrong? What's the effect of using something like that? Does the stock/OEM style bushing provide for a "softer" riding/driving experience?

My Cars
    2002 BMW 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by adriankeith View Post
    Thanks for that. Was able to order the part i needed!

I have another question -- I stumbled on this video https://youtu.be/GY909OF47Ng?t=42 in which they use something called a sealed spherical monoball. The design makes more sense to me, less play acting on that bushing(?) so it would last longer... or am I totally wrong? What's the effect of using something like that? Does the stock/OEM style bushing provide for a "softer" riding/driving experience?
    The effect is essentially what the dude in the video says. The oil filled bushing has the most give and will yield the most comfortable ride. The solid rubber bushing will give less and result in a somewhat more rough ride with a little more enhanced steering response (IMO the best compromise). The monoball/solid type bushing will result in an even more harsh ride but better steering response.

My Cars
    M550iX, 540M-Sport, Scud
    Quote Originally Posted by nsticka View Post
    went with Meyle HD from oembimmerparts.com
    they were $88 each with free shipping. I hope to get them installed June time frame after a mini vacation. Next purchase will be power steering assembly and parts.
    I have Lemforder with Meyle solid rubber bushings, 160k miles and still working fine, no issues. That Meyle rubber bushing works and lasts, amazing.
    2001 540 M-Sport (cdn), ST X (KW) coilovers, H&R 15mm spacers, Eibach anti roll bars (28mm/18mm), Beastpower rear antiroll bar brackets, M5 rear chassis reinforcements (traction rods), Strong Strut front upper strut bar, Dinan Stage 1 software, factory M-Audio subs, Bavsound speaker upgrade, Bluebus bluetooth integration, Stop Tech SS brake lines, ATE coated brake rotors, ATE ceramic brake pads.

My Cars
    07 CX-7
    Quote Originally Posted by f355spider View Post
    I have Lemforder with Meyle solid rubber bushings, 160k miles and still working fine, no issues. That Meyle rubber bushing works and lasts, amazing.
    thats good to hear. so you didnt change out the lower control arms when you did these?

also I am thinking of getting poly motor mounts and trans mount from Revshift.

anyone have any experience or uses these mounts?

My Cars
    M550iX, 540M-Sport, Scud
    Quote Originally Posted by nsticka View Post
    thats good to hear. so you didnt change out the lower control arms when you did these?

also I am thinking of getting poly motor mounts and trans mount from Revshift.

anyone have any experience or uses these mounts?
    Yes, they were replaced with oem Lemforder at the same time, also still looking fine. I basically refreshed the entire front...upper and lower control arms, anti-roll bar bushings and endlinks, new center link (steering) kit.
    2001 540 M-Sport (cdn), ST X (KW) coilovers, H&R 15mm spacers, Eibach anti roll bars (28mm/18mm), Beastpower rear antiroll bar brackets, M5 rear chassis reinforcements (traction rods), Strong Strut front upper strut bar, Dinan Stage 1 software, factory M-Audio subs, Bavsound speaker upgrade, Bluebus bluetooth integration, Stop Tech SS brake lines, ATE coated brake rotors, ATE ceramic brake pads.

My Cars
    2002 525i
    Pelican's terminology is a bit weird. But their "front left/right forward" is the "thrust arm." The one towards the front with the big bushing on the end. The "front left/right rearward" are the arms that sort of stick out at right angles from the bracket on the cradle and its ball joint connects to the knuckle at the "rear" part of the knuckle. Those bushings are much smaller than the others.

If your "rearward" bushings are OK, I'd leave them and just replace the others.

What part of CA are you in?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12