I don't know if this would really count as a "kill", but it surely revived my faith in my little E39 540i6.

So with the E39 being wrapped in a Red very similar to Japan Rot, it gets a fair amount of heads turned in my area as it really is the only one I've ever seen(plus the exhaust note does it great justice, and commands a head turn from almost every direction lol). On this relatively sunny spring morning, complete with some cool dense air, I decide to leave the company demo at home, and stretch out the legs of my 540. Hasn't gotten driven much since my DUDMD tune but it's got almost a full talk of 100oc, 550i TB, M60 Manifold, 3.15 rear, intake, exhaust, and an absolute pleasure to drive.

As I'm driving my normal way in to work, about 30mins one-way, I notice a newer blue WRX w a carbon hood jump on the highway quite a bit behind me(at this point I had no clue that it was an STI) this two lane highway is a bit difficult to navigate on a busy morning but I see him in my rear-view cutting through traffic. At this point I didn't think he was trying to chase me down, until he gets on my tail. I'm calmly cruising in 6th at about 70mph with plenty of opportunities and openings for him to pass me as he did with the previous cars, but he remains on my tail, and close. After a few miles with him tailing me we get to a highway interchange where our 2 lane dumps into a 4 lane with almost no traffic at this time of morning. As I merge into the 4 lane taking the far left, I hear this Subie downshift and floor it, he passes me WOT while I was doing around 75 and gives me this awkward look of disgust, at this point I see the neon colored calipers, and the STI badges, and that was my cue. Clutch, throttle blip to match a 6th to 4th and I'm out. I reel him in like a little fish and as I pass him at the top of fifth 5th I look over at him and give him a polite smile, while all I can hear is the screams of that little boxer 4 trying to keep up. I kept into the throttle all through 5th and the bus or two I put on him was well worth it.

This is not all my friends; what are the chances you come across the same car twice in one day??? Since my job is on the same street a couple of businesses down from a fairly large BMW dealer we often get a good slew of M cars driving by. Well as I left work that afternoon, I happen to tail an F90 M5, gave each-other a respectful thumbs-up as we bobbed and weaved through the lanes but not at an excessive rate of speed, we exchanged lead a few times in a playful manner like gazelles dancing through the plains, When all of a sudden the same STI from the morning happens to roll up behind us. I try to ignore it but the gentleman in the F90 seemed agitated by the arrival of this unwanted playmate and the moment we had our first straight opening he pressed it, and I followed suit. Obviously I was unable to keep up with the F90, but the quick work we both made of this STI was almost comical.