Thread: BMW swap / race car fuel gauge option.

My Cars
    2000 “560i”

BMW swap / race car fuel gauge option.

I made this video to show a fuel gauge option for anyone who is having trouble with the dual sender setup on their BMW swap or race car.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=-h2KYI6sKRA

PM me if you have any questions.

S.F.

My Cars
    LS E46
    Video is broken. I’m guessing you used a dual gauge? I used a regular gauge but I wired the senders in series and put a single 300ohm resistor in parallel across both of them to bring the value in range.

My Cars
    2000 “560i”
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
    Video is broken. I’m guessing you used a dual gauge? I used a regular gauge but I wired the senders in series and put a single 300ohm resistor in parallel across both of them to bring the value in range.
    Must have been a problem with youtube at the time you tried to view as it seems to be working now (checked on my laptop & phone). Please try again if you get a minute, as i'd like to know if others can view it. Yes, Its a universal dual gauge that's designed for experimental aircraft. The gauge can accept practically any sender value and can take them in any order (high resistance = full or High resistance = empty, Low resistance = full or low resistance = empty) via programming switches on the back. The video does a lousy job of showing the intensity of the LED's as they are bright! The gauge has a dimmer circuit that can be referenced to ground by variable resistor but I didn't try it out. Ultimately, I didn't need this gauge as I figured out what was causing my problem but I thought it had value to the swap / race community.

Your solution sounds pretty slick too. I wonder if the E46 senders are the same values as the E39?

S.F.