Thread: Installation Prerequisites for Rheingold?

My Cars
    E90

Installation Prerequisites for Rheingold?

i got BMW Rheingold 3.52.16 + ISTAP 3.57.1.003. i was wondering are there other softwares that i would have to install before i can install ista/d & ista/p? if so, does anyone have a thorough guide they can send me to?

My Cars
    E90
    anyone?

My Cars
    2006 BMW X5 3.0i
    IŽd like too..

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    The Rheingold version of ISTA/D definitely doesn't involve any complex setup. Unlock the zipped file then open it, copy the license, open the Redist folder and run vs90_piaredist.exe, then open the TesterGUI/Bin/Release folder and run ISTAGUI.exe. The first run will prompt you to paste the license details and you can start it by just opening ISTAGUI.exe at any time after that. There are tabs for interface configuration on the home screen. ISTA/D runs fine on my Windows XP Home (or Professional) desktop with 2GB RAM but for some reason I just cannot get it to run on my DELL M65, even though it also has 2GB RAM and runs under Windows XP Professional. Similar story with my old HP Pavillion DV1000, but I think this is a RAM issue on that machine as it is currently waiting for an upgrade from 512Mb to 2 Gb.
    Once ISTA/D is installed and run for the first time, you can run it from an external drive or memory stick without having the software installed on your hard drive.

My Cars
    2009 BMW 535i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    The Rheingold version of ISTA/D definitely doesn't involve any complex setup. Unlock the zipped file then open it, copy the license, open the Redist folder and run vs90_piaredist.exe, then open the TesterGUI/Bin/Release folder and run ISTAGUI.exe. The first run will prompt you to paste the license details and you can start it by just opening ISTAGUI.exe at any time after that. There are tabs for interface configuration on the home screen. ISTA/D runs fine on my Windows XP Home (or Professional) desktop with 2GB RAM but for some reason I just cannot get it to run on my DELL M65, even though it also has 2GB RAM and runs under Windows XP Professional. Similar story with my old HP Pavillion DV1000, but I think this is a RAM issue on that machine as it is currently waiting for an upgrade from 512Mb to 2 Gb.
    Once ISTA/D is installed and run for the first time, you can run it from an external drive or memory stick without having the software installed on your hard drive.
    Will not run on my machine.

My Cars
    2004 BMW E46 convertible
    hello can you help I just got my ISTA+ I do not no what version I have but I would like to know befor I put it to the car can I use a k+DCAN usb Interface as that is all i have for when I use INPA,NCS-Expert, & NcsDummy So can I just run it just with the car Battery like I would do with (INPA,NCS-EXPERT AND NCSDUMMY ?