Thread: Lights acting up [Crash module?] Help needed..

My Cars
    E32

Lights acting up [Crash module?] Help needed..

Hello everyone!
    I am new here and I would like to introduce myself shortly. I do live in Belgium and own an e32 735I manual that was delivered in Belgium as well. Nice forum!

Okay, this is my annoying problem...

Hello everyone! Looking for those really experienced with our cars! Wanted to contact Shogun but unfortunately, I was unable to send him a message on Bimmerboard
    I have a technical question and it is related to the electronics. Starting to hate the car lol... if it keeps going this way, I’ll reconsider real oldtimers without those stupid early trial and error electronics. has that early electronics where it seems that there is always something else that stops working. Even BMW dealers are totally unaware of those systems. Actually it is a shame!
    I am talking about the BMW “crash alarm geber”. It is located on the HKZ box on the lefthand side of the car under the bonnet where the fuses are. It is found in every E31/32/34 and early e36’s. It is a module that sets the car after a crash in a certain mode. It cuts off the fuel supply, makes the hazards blink, illuminates the interior lights and unlocks all doors. And YES, even on non-airbag cars.
    What happened when I started the car last day, my headlights were on even though my switch (that works perfectly fine) was off.
    I did some research and it is the crash alarm geber that is acting up...
    i checked with a spare one and everything looked like it was working well. However, as soon as I turbed on the interior lights, the hazards started to blink. I then needed to press twice the blinker switch to make it stop. It is very inconvenient.
    To answer some of your questions:
    -all fuses good
    - switches are good
    - no bad ground
    - battery is good
    - no aftermarket electr(on)ics added
    - all other relays are working fine

Anyone who has a suggestion on how to solve this? Anyone who also had to face this problem? Anyone who might know how to contact Shogun?
    Thanks!

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Welcome here. You can try to resolder the crash alarm relay. Or make jumper cables to test it. demetk here on the forum once made a picture of his setup
    https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ht=crash+relay
    try that first.
    Headlights are controlled by the LKM
    also check the headlight switch, see these pics http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/169009/
    Last edited by shogun; 05-09-2019 at 07:07 PM.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!