Thread: Someone Please Help! (driver seat)

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i

Someone Please Help! (driver seat)

Hi, Just to give an introduction. My aunt recently gave me my uncle's car shortly after he passed away. It's 1997 BMW 328i it's in great condition. I remember when my family went together with them to go car shopping and they bought it brand new, he loved that car so much and they never had a child so that was his baby, and in memory of him i want to keep in great condition as well. But being 20+ year old things aren't as crisp as they used to be. I'm not a car guy and never got a chance/bothered to learn about automotive mechanics. That changed recently I've been watching videos on youtube and playing car mechanic simulator just trying to understand the basics so that if i need to i can actually start maintaining the automobile

Now to the point

Can anyone please help me fix/find a driver side seat? it's lean back too far and it's stuck in that position and i cant for the life of me seem to find anyone that can fix or sell me a new/good as new seat for a saloon/4door. Please help. And I thought about aftermarket seats but I don't want to rice it out and feel the shame of his disappointment. I'm sorry for pissing any real BMW (E36) enthusiasts off if this was a stupid question but i really dont know what to do and i'm left with no options.

My Cars
    M3/4/5, SL65, GS350
    If it’s a power seat, the gear is probably broken.

http://www.odometergears.com/documen...eplacement.pdf

My Cars
    1998 Z3M, 2006 330i
    It's not as hard to change out as it looks. You don't need to know auto mechanics, just be able to follow instructions. As I remember, those gears are expensive, like $40 each. It's a common failure, so buying a junkyard seat might not be a good idea.

My Cars
    Keep in mind that E46 seats will fit with only minor modifications and Z3 seats should bolt right in. Car-part.com is a great way to check local (and not so local) yards.