Thread: e46 328ci door locking issues! help!

My Cars
    2000 bmw 328ci

Angry e46 328ci door locking issues! help!

So i purchased a 2000 bmw e46 328ci last year and up until now the lock was broken on the driver door. A part of the lock cylinder broke and i finally got around to fixing it the other night. ordered the repair kit. punched a couple holes in the wall but after a couple hours was able to get it all to fit lol. I reinstall the lock cylinder into the door. everything works. doors lock and unlock. automatic window closing function when locking worked. hooray.

however....

i go to unlock my car this morning the next day and the key does not unlock it anymore. it spins a quarter of the way like it suppose to but nothings catching. So i get into my car through my trunk. and not only does the car not open from the outside but it does not open from the inside either. on top of that... the windows do not work for about 30 seconds when turning the car on.

after about in hour of messing wit the handle and lock pop-up i finally managed to get my door open.

i remove the lock cylinder again but nothing appears wrong with it. looks just as i left it. I take the interior door panel of to see if anything has slipped or detached but i do not seem to see any issues. After putting the panel back together and the cylinder back in, the door opens and closes normally again and normal window function returned. however that little "pop-up" lock tab inside the car or whatever u call 'em does not wanna go up and down.

so i dont know what i am missing but if anyone has any pointers im all ears at this point. local shop wants to charge me $150 just to take the door card off to look inside so $#%* all that.

thanks bimmer world!

MauiM3Mania is offline Observer/Master Skeptic Moderator
    My Cars
    88M3 99M3 04M3 ITBx16
    Moved from the General BMW Discussion sub-forum.

Good luck with a fix!
    04M3 TiAg 69k slick-top 3 pedal
    99M3 Cosmos 61k S50B32 euro 6Spd

88M3 AW 43k miles Project FS

WTB: 3.5" Eurosport/Conforti CAI

My Cars
    99528it 02525it 04325it
    If you can't figure what the problem is get hold of scottjoh snd he is local (Torrance) also known as GM5 Module Repair.

My Cars
    2000 bmw 328ci
    i did contact that guy and he was an a** to me and told me to do it myself lol

My Cars
    1999 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostcoast View Post
    i did contact that guy and he was an a** to me and told me to do it myself lol
    Sorry, but, it sounds like you need the general module REPLACED. I do not do module replacement. You need to do that yourself. I do not sell modules. I do not know what modules are compatible with your car and I do not do programming of modules. Sorry if I was an a$$, but, it was probably because I was having a hard time getting through to you that I can not help you in your particular situation. My web site is clear that I do repair for certain problems and that you need to contact me before sending in a module. Which you did which was fine. If I can't help someone I will let then know right away and they are on their own to get the module repaired or they can look around for someone else who might be able to fix your module.
    Last edited by scottjoh; 05-29-2019 at 08:05 PM.

My Cars
    2000 bmw 328ci
    U weren’t having a hard time getting to me because you hardly spoke to me so don’t make it on me that I wasn’t understanding you because I also asked you about keys which you told me to go buy and do myself as well, you never said anything about replacing the hole module but HEY, who cares, now I know what to go do