Thread: Leather Honey

My Cars
    87 BMW 325i Convertible

Cool Leather Honey

I have been trying to revitalize my leather seats to get another couple of years out of them. At first i was using Mink Oil, but just could not make much of a dent. I then used Leather Honey. While I am still struggling with the seat leather, they are finally starting to stretch a little and getting softer. But this isn't why i am writing this. In the process of dropping my applicator filled with leather honey on my bumper trim... (dont ask ), i wiped it up and whoa! The trim absorbed it and they look almost brand new. One was wavy due to lack of attention for a decade or more and almost straightened itself out. It says on the bottle, not for plastics or vinyl. However I can say it has worked beautifully. I have used it on all the trim inside and out and even on the bumper trim. The only thing that still needs to be answered is how long will it last. I will follow up later after i get it back on the road and get some weather on it.

Leather Honey isnt cheap.... but if it works for this stuff, i am all over it.

I thought you guys would like this happy accident.
    1987 BMW 325i Convertible

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
    Jeremy Clarkson

My Cars
    97 528, 95 525, 03 525
    If it says not for plastics that means it had something in it that will probably degrade it ....

My Cars
    87 BMW 325i Convertible
    well.. one thing for sure... could not make them worse. On the very long list to replace.

“Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… that’s what gets you.”
    Jeremy Clarkson

My Cars
    No e30s, again :(
    ha ha ha, funny how things work on stuff and others don't. in the jeep world, people use peanut butter to revitalize black bumper trim. it works, not for long periods of time but it works for a while.

hopefully that stuff lasts a good amount of time.
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    87 BMW 325i Convertible
    well the reason it isnt recommended, it usually does not absorb in the plastic... but on really old plastic, it seems others have been using it with great success too. I just check on it this morning.... looks like i painted everything.

Jeremy Clarkson

My Cars
    dang, that's nice. I am going to tell my kids about it since both of their cars are metal bumpers
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    87 BMW 325i Convertible
    just an update... havent had much time to drive it after the in tank pump died. (waiting on ds parts)... But so far, the bumpers and external trim has been holding up great. I will know more once the weather starts attacking it. A lot of the interior trim absorbed it too... even the non-leather. i tried it on the 92 somoma cracked dash since it couldnt get much worse.... and the dash is becoming more pliable and it is absorbing a bit into the plastic. I would not put this on newer plastic, but seems to work for 20+ plastic and vinyl. Who would have thought that. The only bad thing i noticed... it makes great fly paper... (yuck, that is going to be a gross job). Apparently the bugs love the stuff.

Also as for the actual leather, it really helps if the leather is hot... like in the sun hot. The leather literally drinks it up before your eyes.

Jeremy Clarkson

My Cars
    my Sonoma needs it, badly. I should replace the dash and the trim around the cluster and radio but if this stuff helps, I will hold off for a while
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    87 BMW 325i Convertible
    ill try it on other parts on my sonoma and let you know. couldnt get much worse. I havent found anyone repopping sonoma dashes or trim. I wish i could replace it, but looks like my only choice is a dash cover at this point. I found carpets, seats and door panels and headliners... but that is about it for trim.

Jeremy Clarkson

My Cars
    yup, that's what I found on the sonoma
    No e30s again.

My Cars
    540/6 - S50E30
    Leatherique is really good at cleaning and rejuvenating leather.

My Cars
    I got some stuff from tractor supply that is for saddles, that i am going to try. The wife wanted to go yesterday so i looked in the horse section
    No e30s again.