Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: 2000 bmw 328ci (e46) tv navigation

My Cars
    2000 bmw 328ci

2000 bmw 328ci (e46) tv navigation

hi i have a 2000 bmw 328ci (not a m3) and i really want to put a tv/navigation system in my car do anyone know where i can buy this ?

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

You can either;

1. retrofit all the OEM looms, modules, GPS antennas, TV antenna's and hope that all the modules arrive working and keep on working longer term. Most likely, given the age of the modules, it won't be long before you need to spend on fixing the various problems/faults for each module as they happen and then upgrade them where possible.

2. Install a generic/clone low quality type replacement chinese head unit which are awash all over ebay/amazon. Buyer beware, as they're prone to issues/problems/failures with 'some' owners saying their unit is 'ok'.

3. Install a Dynavin or Avin chinese head unit. These are 'better' quality than the clone type ones, but significantly more expensive and still prone to issues/problems but support is available from the dealers who are USA only based.

4. Install a high quality, reputable brand head unit from the likes of Pioneer, Alpine, Parrot, Sony, Kenwood, JVC.

5. Fit a car computer/PC, tablet or Raspberry Pi, either with a separate screen and bezel or, by installing the OEM setup in option 1, and then modifying it to have a computer system which 'injects' the display into the OEM monitor.

Each has it's positives and negatives. The 'best' value for money for all aspects considered is option 4. Other's will disagree, but it all depends on your criteria and budget and requirements.

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    2000 bmw 328ci
    hey that was all quality information there thanks.

what do you think about the ***** GA7150 radio for bmw

I want to buy that one

- - - Updated - - -

***** radio
    Last edited by ravonn100; 05-07-2019 at 05:21 PM.

My Cars
    03 530dT - Ex Police Car
    Hi,

The reason the forum auto removes that brand name is due to when they were sponsors on this forum, so many members who purchased and then experienced problems/issues and not really getting good after sales care and support, that the owners of the site decided to either kick them off or asked them to leave. The amount of problems meant it looked bad having such poor customer service. The brand went on to sponsor the other big USA orientated BMW forum and, after a few months, the exact same thing happened there. They also sponsored a UK forum too, and .. the same thing happened again! Currently, they're on the E46 fanatics forum and you can see the threads there about their units, there are some purchasers who got fully working units and ones which stayed working longer term, but theres' plenty of those who've got problematic units still.

It's upto you if you want one of these and/or the other clone type units, they're all from a handful of low quality electronics factories in China with a different software skin and 'brand' name attached and the flogged on websites. I'd say steer clear !

Good luck whichever way you go!

Cheers, Dennis!

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    Stick with Hugh quality brands such as Alpine, Pioneer, Sony and Kenwood. You’ll pay more up front but you’ll have a much better ownership experience.