Thread: Sagging Interior Convertible Trim Piece

My Cars
    1999 e36 M3

Sagging Interior Convertible Trim Piece

https://imgur.com/a/RjkBY7f

This little plastic piece attached to the convertible top on the passenger side has been sagging ever since I've owned this car, and I have no idea what it's called. Any idea how to fix it? Is there like a clip or a screw that holds it into place?

My Cars
    22 doors and 4 tops
    That's the header piece. Classic failure issues. You can buy a new one for $500!!!!, no shitake. Used are less but still very expensive. You can try gorilla glue which may work for a while. Other option is to drill a small hole through the area and use a small Phillips head screw with a small nut mounted above. I've used this trick on a couple of cars. You can use a black screw and countersink it into the header. Barely noticeable.

My Cars
    1999 e36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by 66 6 View Post
    That's the header piece. Classic failure issues. You can buy a new one for $500!!!!, no shitake. Used are less but still very expensive. You can try gorilla glue which may work for a while. Other option is to drill a small hole through the area and use a small Phillips head screw with a small nut mounted above. I've used this trick on a couple of cars. You can use a black screw and countersink it into the header. Barely noticeable.
    Holy crap! Yeah screw buying that, I'll just gorilla glue it on haha. That's usually what I do to keep things from sagging or squeaking on this thing anyhow. Thanks for the info

My Cars
    1968 Porsche 912
    I had the same problem with my driver’s side piece. I reglued mine with JB Weld, clamped it down, and let it cure for a full 24 hours before i touched it. That was 3 weeks ago with multiple ups and downs and it is still holding tight!