Thread: My story on buying the worst E87 in the UK and your help required

My Cars
    2005 BMW 1 Series 1.6

My story on buying the worst E87 in the UK and your help required

Hi All,

About 6 weeks ago I bought a 2005 BMW 1 Series 1.6 Sport from an auction, it was a finance repo and sold with no keys, I ordered it for delivery and got a call from the delivery driver stating that it was locked and he couldn't get it on the truck, the auctioner was aware of this so i'm not sure why they accepted the delivery knowing that it had no keys in the first place.

So I bought myself a pump wedge to create a gap in the drivers door and arrived at the auctioner with my trusty coat hanger, seemed like someone beat me to it, there was a huge crack in the b pillar at the top of the drivers door, (the delivery driver probably took a crowbar to it I think).So after about 10 mins I managed to gain access via the pump wedge and coat hanger method, got it home, the car has been mistreated, dirty interior, stank of weed, took me 5 hours inside to valet it, looking much better now.

So far, I've got a key cut, and have replaced the plastic trim on the drivers b pillar, 4 x new tyres, new battery, car mats etc, front bumper is quite bad, so ordered spray paint/clear coat sand paper to repair.

As the battery was bad, the central locking wasn't working, nor would the boot lid close properly, but since the new battery that's resolved it thankfully, however I've got a ton of errors, i've got an icarsoft i910i and have ran a scan today, I took all the details before I tried to clear it, clearing it hasn't removed any of the lights on the dash as obviously I need to remedy the errors first.

So I've got;

A drivers airbag light
    Seatbelt warning light (even when wearing one)
    Brake light (which switches from red to yellow when driving/removing handbrake)
    SRS light

I'd say it drives ok, can't really tell if there's any loss of power, and engine's not making any noises etc.

The Dtc button on the dash does nothing at all even when holding down for 7 seconds etc.

Please find the pictures below, I can't put the car for a MOT until I get the airbag light sorted at least, as I know that's an instant fail. I need to try and workout if to fix/get rid of the errors will be an expensive job and if bmw would be the most cost effective way to get it sorted or if I can do certain bits myself, or if I should just put it threw the auction and let someone else sort it out, with the progress so far the car is costing me about 48% of rrp, so I do have some room to do the repairs, but obviously if it's going to be really expensive it might be better to cut my losses now.

Any info, advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

My Cars
    2005 BMW 1 Series 1.6
    [IMG]C:\Users\john\Desktop[/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

I have all the pictures here, but struggling to see how to upload them, can someone please advise?

thanks

My Cars
    2005 BMW 1 Series 1.6