Thread: McLaren 570S v Dodge Hellcat

My Cars
    M3, M5, Ferrari F40, Fer

McLaren 570S v Dodge Hellcat

Maybe it's the time of year, or I'm just getting lucky, but the challengers are popping up. I had to instruct a Hellcat this morning on how to give up a corner...... when you've lost it!

As I'm heading for a little coffee with the boys, I'm heading for my favorite freeway on ramp. It is a fast straight with a 90 degree left, followed by an uphill right hand sweeper.

I'm moving along at a brisk (not obscene) pace when I catch the distinctive nose of a Hellcat apparently giving chase. I am in the left lane of the 2 lanes that lead to 90 degree entrance and here comes the Hellcat! He approaches in my lane and quickly switches to the right to go for the pass, which was not to be! He moves right, I accelerate and quickly match his speed and as we get within 100 yards of the corner, I am obviously pulling away and have the corner, but he isn't giving up! Can he outbrake a Mac? I guess we are going to find out. All I really need is a nab of brake to set the chassis, but the big Dodge is in the wrong lane, going too fast and doesn't have the line or the brakes!

Dab of left foot brake done, downshift to stay on the boil, the 570 hooks up, that carbon tub keeping all 4 contact patches in place and I rocket off. During this, I did hear the Dodge trying to threshold brake, but 4K+ pounds is a lot of car to brake and turn and I hear things starting to slide. He should have just went straight on at the corner, but he attempted it and I check my mirrors only to see the Hellcat doing the sideways boogie! He later caught up on the freeway, gave me a honk and a bowing of hands and a thumbs up.

I think the guys that have challenged the Mac just don't realize what is about to happen to them!

Ciao....Dino
    M3.... tuned to 370 hp & delimited
    SL55 AMG... tuned to 550 hp & delimited
    Ferrari F40 (sold)
    Ferrari 348 Challenge... Tuned to 350 hp
    Ferrari Testarossa
    87 March/Cosworth Indycar
    Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale Incoming!!
    McLaren 570S (Track Pack)
    www.veloceperformance.com

My Cars
    Bmw Z3 2.8
    Great story, you really put some effort into them. Would’ve been interesting to see what would happen in a straight line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    M3, M5, Ferrari F40, Fer
    Quote Originally Posted by DiqueTico View Post
    Great story, you really put some effort into them. Would’ve been interesting to see what would happen in a straight line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. That Dodge is a bit of a barge with a big engine. To me, anyone can look down a straight road, mash the loud pedal and hold on for dear life. What happens when the road gets 'interesting', is what separates the men from the boys!

Even in a straight line, I wouldn't bet against the Mac. I've had a lot of exotics and these are pretty special. Anything that can get to 100 in ~6 sec and 125 in 8 or so, is serious. If someone wants to get into it, I will usually ignore them unless there are some corners involved.

Ciao....Dino
    M3.... tuned to 370 hp & delimited
    SL55 AMG... tuned to 550 hp & delimited
    Ferrari F40 (sold)
    Ferrari 348 Challenge... Tuned to 350 hp
    Ferrari Testarossa
    87 March/Cosworth Indycar
    Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale Incoming!!
    McLaren 570S (Track Pack)
    www.veloceperformance.com