Thread: Passenger Airbag SBSR Codes 95AB and 98D3

My Cars
    2005 BMW 525i

Passenger Airbag SBSR Codes 95AB and 98D3

It seems the airbags are problematic for sure and I could use some help. Car had been sitting for a couple years when I bought it and I did the head gasket and ever since it first started, the passenger side airbag warning is on. The battery was completely dead for quite some time.

I get three codes a through INPA which are:

• SBSR-95AB
    • SBSR-98D3
    • KOMBI-A3AA

I am able to reset the SBSR codes (using INPA) and the light goes out and errors disappear until I shut the key off and turn back on. The SBSR codes return (I don't think the KOMBI reset at all). My INPA is not able to access the Airbag module and these error codes are coming from the Functional Jobs within the INPA. I don't believe the KOMBI has anything to do with this but curious what that is all about as well.

Car runs great, brakes are done, new coil springs and is ready to go for its state inspection but I need to remedy this or it will not pass. I don't want to toss parts at it if I can help it so please help me narrow it down. I did try the battery cable 2 ohm resistor trick I found several places but that did not work.

The car is a 2005 525i six speed manual with 135K miles.

Thanks in advance.

Shawn

My Cars
    Why are you typing in the smallest font available? Not sure if you did that on purpose, but it makes it very difficult to read. Second thing, is to always post the description of the fault code, not just the number by itself. There are thousands upon thousands of codes, and a code without a description doesn't mean jack to me.
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2005 BMW 525i
    Font size was that when I started my post. Sorry about that. I didn't even realize I could change it. Hopefully this is big enough.

My INPA doesn't give me anything other than the numbers otherwise I would have given more information. What I can now say is I was able to find German text for the codes and a translation says short circuit or interruption Slater. I added an image of the error codes and if it is too small to read, sorry; I don't know how to change it. I am thinking this will need to go to someone that has much better software than I do.

errors.jpg

My Cars
    2005 BMW 525i
    Am I correct when I say the SBSR code is related to the module in the passenger side pillar? Does anyone know how to troubleshoot that to determine if it is bad? I see used ones for sale for about $40.

My Cars
    2010 E61