BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: Never Owned a BMW or Drove One

My Cars
    No bimmer yet

Never Owned a BMW or Drove One

Owned American all my life and mostly muscle. Getting a little older and now interested in something more refined. Caddy CTS-V, Audi A7(upgrade ecu for more power) or S7 and M6 Grand Coupe - (2014 - 2015) are my options. The look of the M6 Grand Coupe beats them all, but I know that comes with its trade offs. So this is why I am on this forum looking to get the known issues to look out for when purchasing a used M6 Grand Coupe. Things like how many miles even its well maintained do certain things start to break so I should prepare to fix in advance. Any specific manufacturer errors in the car. For example one of my past cars had a known issue for a particular noise coming from the driveshaft when you brake and another car had an issue where it sounded like a marble would fall into a tin can when going over certain bumps.

Whatever you guys can tell me will help. In the meantime I will be lurking through the threads over the next several months on this site and the other options to help me pull the trigger in the fall after I give one of my sons one of my cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like I made my first newb mistake and posted in the wrong section. Can a mod delete please? Thanks

My Cars
    2003 540iT Touring Wagon
    Buy the BMW...its Gran...not grand...
    Last edited by SCRSUVS; 05-03-2019 at 01:37 PM.

My Cars
    e24, e30, e36, e61, e70.
    If this is your first go-around with BMW's know that they are extremely enjoyable cars, I'd advise stick to a 6 cylinder, Normal wear items wear about every 60k miles such as: Suspension, Brakes, tires, coilpacks etc. Since you're shopping for 14+ models I'd advise to get something with extended warranty and you'll be all set. hope this helps

- - - Updated - - -

If this is your first go-around with BMW's know that they are extremely enjoyable cars, I'd advise stick to a 6 cylinder, Normal wear items wear about every 60k miles such as: Suspension, Brakes, tires, coilpacks etc. Since you're shopping for 14+ models I'd advise to get something with extended warranty and you'll be all set. hope this helps

Also, I'd check in Owners sub forums for potential pitfalls of each individual model instead of the classifieds section. I will link it: https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/f...p?7-BMW-Models

good luck!

​IG: @Street.Ego