Thread: Sub-frame reinforcement in Minnesota with Randy's kit?

My Cars
    1998 BMW M Roadster

Sub-frame reinforcement in Minnesota with Randy's kit?

Does anyone know of a shop with experience doing Randy's sub-frame reinforcement kit in Minnesota or near the area? I'm waiting to hear back from Randy himself through PM's to order a kit and get his recommendations, if he has any. Any other input would be appreciated!

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    I could not find a recommended shop in my area when I installed Randy's kit, but I did find a shop that specialized in building race cars. I figured that if they can build cars that go fast and sometimes crash, they should be able to install Randy's kit. I was right. So if you don't find any place near you that has experience with Randy's kit, you could see if you can find a race shop near by.
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3 Coupe 2.8
    Also try searching for an auto shop that does “fabrication” work. Maybe a bmw shop if possible. That worked for me in my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1998 BMW M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by khammack View Post
    I could not find a recommended shop in my area when I installed Randy's kit, but I did find a shop that specialized in building race cars. I figured that if they can build cars that go fast and sometimes crash, they should be able to install Randy's kit. I was right. So if you don't find any place near you that has experience with Randy's kit, you could see if you can find a race shop near by.
    I know of two solid options for custom modifications/race cars. My first choice, Further Performance, said they haven't done it before, but it's something they would be confident taking on. I'm just wondering if there are places that have done it a handful of times and could cut down on the time to completion. It's about to get into the busy season for all the show cars around the area, so I'm sure all the shops will be booking up quickly. Also, my roof does not enjoy getting rained on very much, so I'm hoping I can find a place that won't let it sit outside for much time.

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    The shop I used had never done one either, but Randy's instructions are very good. The fabricator doing the job actually said how complete the instructions are and because of this the install was very easy. As long as the fabricator knows what they are doing, I doubt they would have any problems with the install even if it is their first one. Most fabricators are always doing things for the first time, that is what they do.

It may be hard to find someone who has done several installs (or even one) of Randy's kits just because of the numbers involved.
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    1998 BMW M Roadster
    Update for future Minnesotans: I was recommended to a shop called Patience Metal Fab by some members of my local BMW group. They haven't done this in the Z3's yet, but have done multiple E36's and E46's for similar repairs. I'll be bringing my car there once I can get in touch with Randy and order a kit.

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    Let us know how it works out.