Thread: About to buy a BMW 435i

My Cars
    435i

About to buy a BMW 435i

Within the next few months, I am going to be buying my first BMW. I am looking at a used 2014-2016 435i. I was originally set on the 428i, but I figured I would want more power a year from now.

I recently found an all black 2015 435i 2dr cp, x-drive, with the m-sport package. Outside of the pain in the ass color that I'm going to have to maintain, it's pretty ideal.

It's listed at $29,950 with 34,000 miles, 1 owner, and no accident history. There was damage done to the front bumper at one point, which had to be replaced/fixed . As to what type of damage it was, the carfax doesn't specify.

Everything checked out when I drove it, except one thing. The passenger door had an extra click on it when it latched. Coming from a family with a mechanical background ( my dad and all amy uncles have done their own repairs on their own cars, even though they are not trained mechanics) this raised a flag for me. I asked my uncle about this. He said it is somewhat standard for doors for 2dr cars to do this over time due to the weight they put on the cars frame.

All makes sense, but for a car with 34,000 miles on it this should not be happening. It's not a HUGE problem, I'm going to buy the car if I really want to, but I need to think this over. I feel like the dealer may not be telling me something.

Is a 2015 435i for $29,950 a little too cheap to not have any problems? Would I need to put down 35,000$ for a 435i to reduce my chances of this happening?

What were your experiences on this?

My Cars
    2016 435i Convertible
    Welcome! From what you describe, I think the price is a fair price for a 2015 with the mileage just over 30K and a minor repair. I also think you are smart to foresee that you would probably want the six cylinder, i.e.more power, down the road, so to speak, so get it now. The N55 engines on the 2015 is universally praised as strong and reliable. Can you explain more about the "extra click" you are talking about with the door? What does the dealer say about it?

My Cars
    '15 435i,'10 535i,'08 X5
    Is this a CPO 435i?

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    Sounds like a maladjusted door. Maybe it was removed when the bodyshop fixed the front bumper. Or maybe there was some additional cosmetic damage to the door. Removing a door is a big deal for a layman, but easy at a bodyshop. Reinstalling it with proper alignment is the tricky part, and most places have a "good enough" policy unless they're really high-end shops.

So it may just need a latch adjustment.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.