BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: WTB: E36 M3/4/5 - Enthusiast Owned Example - Cash in Hand and Willing to Travel

My Cars
    N/A

WTB: E36 M3/4/5 - Enthusiast Owned Example - Cash in Hand and Willing to Travel

I'm a new dad and looking for a 4-door to zip around town in. Huge E36 aficionado so the M3 Sedan seems like a natural fit. These are the parameters I'd like to stay within:

• Must be 4-door

• Must be manual

• Agnostic on exterior color

• Prefer anything but dove for interior color

• Preferably stock or lightly modified

• Not looking for museum piece but want something that’s been maintained and cared for by an enthusiast

• Accident free, clean Carfax, all maintenance up to date and ready to drive across country

• More concerned with condition than mileage, as long as it’s below ~150k

• Willing to travel for right car, would prefer one that’s lived in warmer climates (south or west)

I'm an adult with plenty of cash in hand, not going to waste anyone's time. Really have an affinity for these old cars, whichever one I end up with will definitely be loved.

Let me know what you have.

My Cars
    Wrx Sti, M3/4/5

My Cars
    N/A
    Thanks, this one does look nice in photos. Aside from the cold climates it's lived in, seems like it's been bouncing around the auction sites for years at this point? Has anyone actually seen it in person?

https://germancarsforsaleblog.com/1998-bmw-m3-sedan-10/
    Last edited by nate10184; 04-23-2019 at 09:57 AM.

My Cars
    Wrx Sti, M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by nate10184 View Post
    seems like it's been bouncing around the auction sites for years at this point?

https://germancarsforsaleblog.com/1998-bmw-m3-sedan-10/
    Its a two owner car. The link you posted is from when it exchanged hands in 2016, the same owner has had it since then. Check the carfax and reach out to the owner if you are serious.

My Cars
    2011 E92 335i 6MT
    Tried to PM but it didn't work. I think I might have a car that might be of interest. My family owns a BMW dealership, and I am in charge of acquiring rare/desirable BMWs for sale through a separate arm of the dealership. The car hasn't even arrived yet so it's not even online, but it is on the truck en route to the store as we speak.

It's a 1997 E36 M3/4/5. Cosmos black on black, loaded. 70k miles from new, 100% stock, and one owner. The gentleman who owned it was a pilot and bought it after he retired - the car spent one year in Minnesota and has been in Florida ever since. I have not laid eyes on the car yet but the inspection was clean, and it should need minimal work (new tires, oil filter housing seal).

It's very hard to find a clean and stock example of any E36, especially the sedan. Let me know if this piques your interest!
    Last edited by tizzyd; 04-23-2019 at 03:23 PM.

My Cars
    M3
    Hey I’m interested. Have any photos? Lmk

My Cars
    1989 325is 5speed
    Quote Originally Posted by tizzyd View Post
    Tried to PM but it didn't work. I think I might have a car that might be of interest. My family owns a BMW dealership, and I am in charge of acquiring rare/desirable BMWs for sale through a separate arm of the dealership. The car hasn't even arrived yet so it's not even online, but it is on the truck en route to the store as we speak.

It's a 1997 E36 M3/4/5. Cosmos black on black, loaded. 70k miles from new, 100% stock, and one owner. The gentleman who owned it was a pilot and bought it after he retired - the car spent one year in Minnesota and has been in Florida ever since. I have not laid eyes on the car yet but the inspection was clean, and it should need minimal work (new tires, oil filter housing seal).

It's very hard to find a clean and stock example of any E36, especially the sedan. Let me know if this piques your interest!
    Pmed