2004 BMW E46 convertible

Help With convertible & folding morrors

:hi
    Why is it on my E46 3 Series BMW 325ci Convertible 2004

please can some one help me as I am not getting no
    luck getting help here or other sites

so I have come back to see if some one will help out

when i go to press the button to open the conertible roof it is not work
    or the lights are not showing red to say it is working and if it shows yellow
    i think or orange to say there is a falut ?

But when i use the key to open the doors and keep it there the doors open and
    all the windows open and the convertible open up to and it all works to close it all up
    and the folding mirrors
    so where do i start to see why is it not working from the button when i press it in the car?
    also i notice when i go to press the button to put up the outside folding mirrors they work but do not work when i press it to come back down
    But they

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    The reason why nobody has posted anything up, is the majority are American Blokes on this forum.

What are you using to talk to the modules? If I remember correctly, this is part of the comfort access module for the mirrors and the GM-5 for the top.
    Last edited by dworthy; 04-19-2019 at 07:35 AM.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2004 BMW E46 convertible
    I am using NCS- Expert and NCS Dummy

My Cars
    2004 BMW E46 convertible
    hello mate TY for getting back to me with this I am using NCS - Expert & NCS Dummy but I did all the tick what I had to do for the mirrors but they only go up and for the roof I did not touch as I did not no what I was doing then and it was all working ok with the key/fob but now it is not working from inside the car so all I was interested in was the out side folding mirrors, the windows one touch etc so would you no where I can go into and see what I can do plz

My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    You need to use INPA, for NCS is mostly for coding the car, not for diagnostic work. The cable you use will work just fine, just need to download INPA if you don't have it already from the Suite you received with the cable.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2004 BMW E46 convertible
    hello dworthy TY for getting back to me I am using INPA as wall So Basically i have working

1.( OPENING ) The convertible top come down with the key/fob and if the key is in the door and i keep it in the open position it all work good for me.
    2. (OPENING ) But the outside folding mirrors do not come down.
    3. (OPENING ) The windows opening up to.

1. ( CLOSSES ) The convertible top come up with the key/fob and with the key in the door and i keep it in the closes position it all work good for me.
    2. ( CLOSSES ) The folding mirrors go up with the key/fob and when i have the key in the door and i keep it in the closes position it work good for me.
    3. ( CLOSSES ) The windows go up to

but can you tell me why is the car the convertible roof buttons do not work or light up no more ? as i did not do anything in INPA to stop this and it was all working befor
    because all i was interested in was to get the folding mirrors to work in the GM5

here is a list i did for the car

Function Name Function Description ECU/Module Default Value Change To

KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB Holding unlock button opens roof and windows (or hood on convertibles GM5 aktiv aktiv
    KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB Holding lock button closes roof and windows (or hood on convertibles) GM5 nicht_aktiv aktiv
    FH_NACH_TUERE_AUF Powers passenger window down with one touch of switch GM5 aktiv aktiv
    FH_BEIFAHRERTUER_TIPP_ZU Powers passenger window up with one touch of switch GM5 nicht_aktiv aktiv
    FH_FAHRERTUER_TIPP_AUF Powers driver window down with one touch of switch GM5 aktiv aktiv
    FH_FAHRERTUER_TIPP_ZU Powers driver window up with one touch of switch GM5 nicht_aktiv aktiv
    FH_TUEREN_HINTEN_TIPP_AUF Powers rear windows down with one touch of switch GM5 aktiv aktiv
    FH_TUEREN_HINTEN_TIPP_ZU Powers rear windows up with one touch of switch GM5 nicht_aktiv aktiv
    FH_ZTR_SCHALTER_TIPP_AUF Powers down all windows with one touch of switch GM5 aktiv aktiv
    FH_ZTR_SCHALTER_TIPP_ZU Powers up all windows with one touch of switch GM5 nicht_aktiv aktiv
    QUIT_AKUST_ENTSCH Acoustically acknowledge unlock (two alarm beeps) GM5 nicht_aktiv aktiv
    QUIT_AKUST_SCHAERF Acoustically acknowledge lock (one alarm beep) GM5 nicht_aktiv aktiv
    QUIT_OPT_ENTSCH Visually acknowledge remote unlock (two indicator flashes) GM5 nicht_aktiv aktiv
    QUIT_OPT_SCHAERF Visually acknowledge remote unlock (one indicator flash) GM5 aktiv aktiv

and for the mirrors
    BEIKLAPPEN_B_KOMFORTSCHL Holding lock button folds mirrors and closes windows GM5/BTM/FTM nicht_aktiv aktiv
    i can only get into the GM5 and i can not see BTM/FTM to get in to them so see what it is saying

so can you help me out please to get the buttons to work in the car for the Roof

My Cars
    2004 BMW E46 convertible
    i do not no why it is doing to
    Last edited by TonyLou; 04-21-2019 at 07:02 AM.

My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Okay, all you did with NCS is tell what setting to do/perform.

You need to speak to the GM-5 to see why those setting are not working, thus the reason I want you do pull the codes with INPA.
    Darin
    Current:
    Past:
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2004 BMW E46 convertible
    hello do you have a link for BimmerGeek Standard Tools so I can add it to my laptop what is running windows XP

My Cars
    2004 BMW E46 convertible
    hello my laptop stop working on me so I had to go and get a new laptop which is running windows XP which I was told it is better to work on for the car but I do not no where to get all the links to download NCSdummy,NCS PROFILES and BimmerGeek Standard Tools to get me back up and running ?

My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    Have you checked over at the diagnostic software subforum yet?
    Darin
    Current:
    Past:
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2004 BMW E46 convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by dworthy View Post
    Have you checked over at the diagnostic software subforum yet?
    No I have not as I do not no where to go But

I went on to INPA and it is coming up with 2 Errors
    Sporidc error
    Sporidc error

can you tell me what I can do to sort this out
    Last edited by TonyLou; 04-30-2019 at 11:18 AM.

My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    That is for the temp sensor in the bumper. Do you have damage on the Left side or the passenger side of the car? It lives between the bumper and wheel well on the lower plastic cover.

As for the rest, you will need to assess the GM-5 aka the Body control module.
    Darin
    Current:
    Past:
    M-Flight Member

My Cars
    2004 BMW E46 convertible
    the 2 Errors are coming up for the Convertible in INPA ?