Thread: 2015 535i water leak

My Cars
    2015 535i

2015 535i water leak

I own a 2015 535i xDrive with 62000KM's on it, bought it July 2018.

Everytime it rains, i get water on the driver seat + headliner above the driver seat (sun visor).

First time i took it to dealer, they couldn't find anything wrong with my car after water testing it.

Second time i took it in, they found the water leark. Tested the sunroof draink, work ok. They replaced the sunroof seal.

4 days after getting the car back, I am still experiencing the same issue.

Does anyone else have the same problem? how did you rectify it?

Called BMW Canada, which was useless. Waiting for a callback from the service manager. This is so frustrating.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    Some sunroofs had issues if it rained like hell the dam at the front of the sunroof could get over whelmed and spill over. The front and rear drains and the surrounding entrances need to be clean of any stuff. We had a e38 and the windshield company filled up the drains with windshield goo when in stalling the new windshield because the water was supposed to come out along the sides of the windshield. Also BMW loves to use these rubber boot things at the end of the drain hose the taper down to a small slot opening, I guess the idea was the slot would not allow bugs to clog up the hose. But since they restricting the opening size they can get clogged or partially clogged easier. We just take them off, better draining performance

My Cars
    If the roof is getting wet, there are only two places it could come from. Either the sunroof drains, or the sunroof itself, or a poor windshield installation. Is the windshield original to the car? Aftermarket?
    ASE and BMW Master Certified Technician

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    The sunroof drains can be draining and leaking at the same time, due to a tear in the boot that connects the sunroof support-frame drain-nipples to the drain hose. Or the windshield could be leaking due to a gap in the glue near the top.

(But really, I just wanted to type "nipples")
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    2015 535i
    Thank you guys, Appreciate your input. My car is at the dealer and so far they have been unable to get the car to leak with their water test.
    So frustrated dealing with them. Might go to a different dealer next time.